British Eagle K1 Exage LT

Finally got round to sorting this out.
Stripped down, re greased everywhere. Replaced wheels with a set of Rigida Lazer rims on Deore LX hubs, an upgrade on the Exage wheelset but same year roughly.
Brifters work great and groupset cleaned up nicely. Just need some new brake pad the ones on it are the originals and are not the best after nearly 30 years!
Replaced the handle bar with an Easton riser bar I had lying around as the original steel one was rusting and weighed a tonne! Only seatpost I had in 26.8 was a scratched Ritchey one so it will do for now. Charge spoon saddle and she was good to go.
Took out on a few mile shakedown and rides fantastic, the ground control 2.25’s just fit between the rear stays, luckily the wheel is true or there would be issues 😂.

Great little pub bike, I really have a soft spot for these bikes which are lower spec, there is just something about them, a kind of charm. Massively underrated by the majority of people. Looked after, bikes from this era will go on forever, but they also look great when retro-modded. Hope you like!
View attachment 767385View attachment 767386View attachment 767387View attachment 767388View attachment 767390
She's looking grand, good job, here's one I picked up today for £25. Any help on the year would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230901_104333.jpg
    20230901_104333.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 5
Back