Trump

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Redneck f**kwit or what?
I know our home grown, self-seeking, electorate-ignoring luminaries didn't exactly cover themselves in glory recently, but can the world's policeman seriously be considering electing that dick!?

Had the "pleasure" of a dinner conversation a couple of years ago with an American couple, whilst on holiday. When I said something complimentary about Obama, they were up in arms, and were incredulous, jealous that we had such "a charismatic prime minister" (Cameron FFS!) I had to change the subject, as it could have ended in a diplomatic incident!

azaro":3nsfvfcd said:
Had the "pleasure" of a dinner conversation a couple of years ago with an American couple, whilst on holiday.

Was this a holiday outside of the US?
If so, then the couple you spoke to would have been among the more enlightened and world wise of the population of the USA. Most of them struggle to realise there is much of a world beyond the CONUS states!

firedfromthecircus":2wkjpvwc said:
azaro":2wkjpvwc said:
Had the "pleasure" of a dinner conversation a couple of years ago with an American couple, whilst on holiday.

Was this a holiday outside of the US?
If so, then the couple you spoke to would have been among the more enlightened and world wise of the population of the USA. Most of them struggle to realise there is much of a world beyond the CONUS states!

Lazy stereotype in my experience. They're generally a lot more switched on about europe and the middle east these days.

Re:

Guys don't be lazy and generalize people from a country the size of Europe, it's like saying 'oh those bloody Greeks and Icelanders are all the same'....otherwise my Californian missus will come round your house in her Humvee and shoot you all up and stuff. NOBODY likes 'trump', including most of his own party. Those that do won't make it to the polls in sufficient numbers to make a difference on account of having not enough cells in their head to make it out the door.

Re:

It's also probably worth remembering that they have the internet in America and can read!!!! ;)

Re: Re:

JamesM":24hxapl9 said:
It's also probably worth remembering that they have the internet in America and can read!!!! ;)

Is talking open about politics in the USA a bit taboo?

Re:

Don't know what all the hype is re trump, when he walks through the White House door bet you ten Bob he transforms into John major :D
Honestly he will probably be held back by congress
Re the readers in the USA don't treat them like we have the brexit voters, I'd give them a choice and then call them thick and racists
When it doesn't match our perception of what's right :x

Re: Re:

mullinino":3sbtlvs9 said:
NOBODY likes 'trump',
I think you'll find a shedload of people in middle America actually do quite like him, or at least like him more than Clinton.

You don't have to look far to see people rebelling against the establishment status quo, from Brexit to Corbyn to Le Pen to Trump even getting on the ticket. People are fed up with business as usual, with liberal elites deciding what's best. So a guy who's lived the American Dream v the ultimate establishment figure? I can see it happening, and I would welcome it.

It's obviously trendy and right on to knock him but he's achieved a lot more than most. And he's Scottish too. Go Donald. :)

Re:

Successful capitalist? Yes.
Cultured, wise, mature and broadly knowledgeable? No.
He's made a few salient points but mostly he's a bullshit artist. For example he's realized there is a problem with religious fundamentalism, but he hasn't got a clue what the problem is, he hasn't done the research or gained the knowledge, he's just winging it and his proposals are ridiculous. So basically he's a loose cannon.

Perhaps Sam Harris said it best: "Donald Trump is not hiding his light under a bushel. He is all bushel".

Back