MyHermes Anyone Familiar?

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Expecting a package with these folks, but seems their tracking system is a little weird. Anyone use them regularly who can shed some light? Cheers.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 633
At the moment your local courier has picked up the parcel, and will hopefully deliver it to you soon.

Thankfully, the lady who delivers for Myhermes to me is very good. Your's could be hopeless, and may drive around with the parcel for days, before dumping it in your neighbour's garden.

I stupidly did not specify a courier for a cheeky Ebay BIN item before hitting the button. They dropped it off at a 'ParcelShop' on Sunday, before receiving my message asking to allow me to arrange collection/courier of my choice.

Win some lose some I guess.

Guessing it might arrive in the evening if these are local people doing local jobs? We'll have no trouble here!

Re:

To be honest, I really do think you'll be absolutely fine, as your tracking is updating at every stage, mine never got past being dropped at the parcel shop.

And to be fair to them, I have had countless items delivered by them with no problems at all. Thing is, it only takes a change of driver from a good one to a 'couldn't care less' one to ruin it all. But then again, they're all self employed from what I understand and get paid peanuts per drop, so it must be a pretty thankless job.

Not sure if they deliver actually into the evening, though I have had stuff turn up at heading towards 6pm before now.

I guess that is the annoying thing here, as it said it was out for delivery.. I haven't found out who the local delivery bod is yet, but I probably know them. Hate to add it is a fragile item..

Re:

My understanding is, fragile items are fine and don't get damaged. As long as they don't have a 'fragile' label on the box.

:facepalm:

Re:

No problem here with MyHermes, even see the local van man and car man on the way to work. Could be 5:30 is a cut off time and it is a reporting thing and may come tomorrow if they ran out of time.

I'm just going of what shityLink used to do, they pretended to have posted an not in card if they hit the 5:30 time limit or similar.

I have never sent with them, but I received multiple items with them - no problems here :D

Weekend deliveries etc no problem but the local agent is a neighbour so I might get preferential treatment ?

I did have a frame damaged during transit but that was solely down to bad packing - a dinted head tube, but it was packed without one headset cup (the other was scrap anyway so they might as well have been left in) and wrapped in a bin bag ... What do you expect ... ?

Fixed up ok though with a bit of persuasion from Mr lump hammer :

WD :D

Back