PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
FIGHT!!!!!

Godzilla-vs-Mechagodzilla-fight.jpg

Grrrr! Pow! Chop! Thwack! Punt! Nos!

Re:

Come on SRAM give the big S a good kicking.

al.

Shimano. Despite the new SRAM on Dixie working fine, it feels a bit insubstantial. But I am comparing it to nice old shimano.

Re:

Having been a Shimano user since I discovered MTBs I was pleasantly surprised when my latest modern bikes came fitted with SRAM groupos. The shifting is much more positive than Shimano but the downside is the replacement cost of the SRAM higher end stuff.

Re:

I, for one, have Sram gripshifters (I know that's another argument on it's own)and rear mech, with Shimano front mech, cassette and chainset on two of my bikes at present, third one coming up.
No problems at all,

Next ! . . .

Mike

I am fortunate to being able to afford top end shimsno, xt as a minimum and sometimers xtr.

I have also had lx and slx and have never gone lower than deore or dx. And you know what, all of it works perfectly. Sure some of it has worn out over time, recent dual pull design of front merch is a bit flakey and quick to wear but all good otherwise.

Only had sram x0 recently and that is good too despite a really low usage rh shifter getti.g sticky - never had that happen with shimano.

I particularly like the two way action on the latest shimano shifters, and xtr cassettes are lighter than x0, the xt is pretty close in weight to x0

In short, shimano xt is my primary choice, sram neednt exist as far as im concerned.

Re:

Rockshox (Powered by SRAM) is tagged in...

Godzilla-vs.-Megalon-handshake1.jpg

Shimano man myself, but have tried SRAM road group, and quite liked it.

Despite the Tourney legacy, I seem to see SRAM as a poor copy of Shimano, so much low-end SRAM stuff about these days...

Back