Cats vs Dogs - even more contentious then the helmet debate

Re:

Miraculous it was. Of course it will prop up the debate about 'dangerous' dogs.

What on earth was the mother thinking when she left her kid there and ran off?

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3l3ym5fh said:
What on earth was the mother thinking when she left her kid there and ran off?
She was there in less than 3 seconds (dog appears at 0:21, attack starts at 0:24, mother is already visible at 0:27) , so she wasn't too far away to begin with.
Basically she was watering the plants in the front yard while the kid was playing in the driveway. If you have kids, have you ever let them play without looking straight at them for 4 seconds or more?

Also, I've read that the dog escaped. That leads me to believe that the dog normally is in a dog run or behind a fence. No reason to suspect such an attack really. He also really snuck up on the kid.

Love the cat though.

Re:

At one point she ran off leaving her kid on the pavement.

AFTER the dog had attacked.

Perhaps she had another kid sat in a pram or something, but instinct should have told her to carry child one to the other rather than leave them to get attacked again.

Ah, after the attack.

She didn't just run off, she went after the dog. Valid response IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiu1hCEF93Q[/youtube]

0:26 : "I chased the dog away, tried to get it away from my son, away from everyone"

Re:

Bulls???

Going 'after' the dog, which could run back around your truck and again bite your kid is a valid response?

No it is not.

She clearly acted irrationally, and put her kid back in danger.

Forgiveable given the panic situation, but never ideal.

Cats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rabbits>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dogs...

Back