The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Better than my last present from Dom, I got two aprons he got free at work, gave them to me and wished me a happy valentines

Alison

The History Man":167pjma5 said:
Oh yes! Everything you could need. Coronet

Shame i dont have any money. Or transport , and i live in Scotland :LOL: The cornets(dark red) look absolutely lovely. Really classy bit of kit

Thats kind of a good one and sought after i believe. seems some makes because of the cast iron construction are favoured because of vibration damping. These old lathes are much in demand
Get the model number and research on ebay and if you can be bothered the turning forums too.

Ive got a basic trade type one good enough for up to about 900mm x230mm and i can outboard big bowls if i buy a specific tool rest.
The thing i dont have is a chuck. Its the thing you need once one side is turned to be able to hold it when turned around to hollow out say the bowl inner etc.
Been meaning but never got around to it and theyre usually a bit too expensive to justify for the occasional turning i do. If youre interested in a swop for a bikey bit or sale for the chuck or bits,please let me know.
One thing to be aware of though is each lathe has a different fitting for chucks etc. mine are -
Spindle Taper: 2MT
Spindle Thread: 1" x 8tpi For the Chuck
Taper Tailstock: 2MT

Last thing it was used for was a bb press! It's a blue elf. Got some nice chisels if you're interested. Not splitting the lathe as will sell as job lot starter pack methinks.

Been round to see it. very nice actually. We dismantle, he delivers round the corner in his van.

Mostimportantly, Mrs HM happy. The 14 x 8 shed is now mine, all mine!

Re:

The 14 x 8 shed is now mine, all mine!

Still saving for the hollowed out volcano lair then?

fc8c70829ee964c5542ae16453503d37.jpeg

Back