paypal question? scheduled payments?

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
just recently paypal seems to have changed a bit (again :roll: )

i bought a few bits of CRC a while ago, i paid as usual with paypal, then when i looked at my email it said the payment was scheduled for 10 or so days later. thought it was weird but wasn't an issue, initially

the annoyance came when paypal kept emailing me to remind me the money was coming out, basically they pay for the items, then once you have received the stuff they then debit the account, the idea being that you have a chance to send something back and then paypal get the refund and your account isn't touched.

while i understand the reason for paypal doing this i do find it a bit annoying,the extra emails are annoying but also you then have to think about what is actually in the bank, meaning, in my head i have paid for something, then you check your balance and think yep i'm ok for money, so you spend some (example! i haven't been spending) but then you remember that you have a payment coming out!

personally i don't like it, i do all my buying in a small window of time, pay goes in, bills come out, buy bike stuff needed if there are available funds left.

having the payment scheduled means i pay alot later than i want to!

so how do you turn it off? so that when you bu something you actually pay then.

When you paid for something you must have inadvertently clicked the 'Don't Pay until you have received it' (or whatever the actual phrase is!) button; the other option is 'No' but they are right next to each other so easy to do...

...I haven't looked because I don't use it but, as you say, there must be the facility to turn it off?

Having said that, I just Googled it and apparently having used it once (though it does say you have to actually 'sign up' for it??) it becomes a 'funding option' when you come to pay, so you should be able to remove it in your profile?

+1 for above. I use PayPal all of the time and 90% of the transactions are instant. Although I do not trust PayPal or any Ebay affiliate not to pull a fast one.

I can say the WHOLE Ebay company is an underhanded sneaky lot who regularly CHANGE MY SITE PREFERENCES, and I have to change them back.

I call customer service and they tell me that I must have inadvertently changed my settings. Bu## S### cause its always the same setting that is miraculously changed.

They are trying to launch a new Global Shipping Program where you ship to ebay and they send it to the international buyer. Thing is this is very unpopular with buyers cause they have to pay import duties up front. So I have opted out of GSP four times and then a few weeks later it's back. The last time I tried to opt out I got an error message!

So I have this love hate relationship with Ebay. On the one hand it is great to open up my product to a large market on the other hand the company itself kinda sucks

Steven

Latest posts

Back