Yahoo Emails Hacked

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I've recently had problems with my main email addy,. I had to change the password but cant because the hack causes the renew password to reject anything typed as being too weak, even 32 random letters,digits,symbols so i know for sure its stuffed.
Given its the email i use for ebay/paypal etc i though it best to tell all that ive dealt with in the past,who are likely to still be in my addy boook not to clink links from any email beginning with andrew_

News of this here
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/01/0 ... /#comments

Can anyone recommend another email company other than yahoo.
Ta :D

This is actually my 2nd recent problem with their service.
While in firefox i found that i couldnt send any emails or reply to any that arrived. Something to do with the latest version clashing with add ons etc(its a fking email service, basuc basuc is all people want.. GGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :x
In the end the only way around was to install chrome and access it from there. Turns out firefox was indeed the problem as sending/replying works no prob in chrome.

But now this :(
I'd rather find a new email company before i change ebay/paypal as ive just totally lost confidence in them. Their forums direct you to the change passwor
d page with obviously is hacked so it wont work, they obviously know this but still point you there and even give the links. They arent listening to what people are telling them or its the party line not to admit anything like a problem or hack vulnerability.

Gmail is pretty good.

I have at least a couple of dozen Yahoo addresses, only had one problem with hacking so far and that was an address I let one of my friend's in Asia use from an internet cafe!

Will look out for this one, sounds a pain in the royals!

I use gmail and talktalk (that one was an old account which I use as my main one). they have the odd login glitch now and then (usually fixed within a couple hours) but in all the years Ive had it Ive never had problems with hacking. cant really comment on the gmail as still relatively new to me.

I use Gmail with dual authentication. It sends a text to my mobile with a code. That way the hacker needs to hack my mobile and read my texts too to get into my account. So I am only under threat from Sun journalist and the odd foreign power :roll:

argonsixar":3ku9i8gg said:
I use Gmail with dual authentication. It sends a text to my mobile with a code. That way the hacker needs to hack my mobile and read my texts too to get into my account. So I am only under threat from Sun journalist and the odd foreign power :roll:

Yahoo can do that too - infact both companies actively encourage it since it creates a link from your online presence to your real world identity (unless on anon payG).

All the better to sell you advertising.

Latest posts

Back