never thought i'd go back to ...

videojetman":evpjtidd said:
fiendish feet":evpjtidd said:
https://youtu.be/dTFDfR47dl4
https://youtu.be/BzfYTiKw6Bs
Eckhart Tolle
Jeff sometimes this guys wisdom and words can help me
maybe what said may resonate for you too..
Wayne
My wife is well into eckhart tolle.
She has his books.
Maybe I should actually read one ?
Thanks.

No problem mate , quote from the late & great Daevid Allen (RIP)
It's never to late ,
To change your own fate
Change your head
And the body will follow..

Try stay positive Jeff beleave me I know it’s not easy try and do things that make you happy it’s also good. to talk to e.g fellow retro bikers

Re: Re:

That Marley painting shows you have a healthy degree of talent :cool:

Do you sell your work?

videojetman":3j1f989u said:
I got 3 hours sleep. Then my dreams became weird and I just had to get up mainly to stop disturbing my wife.
Just lately I have turned to painting again. It’s mainly a kind of distraction to take my mind of my problems, but it doesn’t always work.
Here’s one I made earlier.
Jeff.

Re: Re:

Mr Panda":1whs0cyv said:
That Marley painting shows you have a healthy degree of talent :cool:

Do you sell your work?

videojetman":1whs0cyv said:
I got 3 hours sleep. Then my dreams became weird and I just had to get up mainly to stop disturbing my wife.
Just lately I have turned to painting again. It’s mainly a kind of distraction to take my mind of my problems, but it doesn’t always work.
Here’s one I made earlier.
Jeff.

Thank you, yes I do.

Just an update on where I am now. I am now on a list to see a counsellor. I hit rock bottom again this week. So I have decided it’s time to do something to change.

Add me to the list of sufferers. It's been with me for years and has recently reared it's ugly head again. Depression and work related stress. It takes a lot of work to keep on top of it but I manage it, somehow. Anyone that put's their hand up and says: 'I need help' has more guts than the average guy, it takes a lot to admit you have an issue.

All the best to anyone suffering. We're with you all the way.

Trebz":ao4ss4kl said:
Add me to the list of sufferers. It's been with me for years and has recently reared it's ugly head again. Depression and work related stress. It takes a lot of work to keep on top of it but I manage it, somehow. Anyone that put's their hand up and says: 'I need help' has more guts than the average guy, it takes a lot to admit you have an issue.

All the best to anyone suffering. We're with you all the way.
Thanks, same to you.

Re:

I did these paintings before Christmas.
I think I am ready to do some more.
Jeff.

Attachments

• C74E1426-4586-4F4A-AA8F-89AF563433A7.png
    C74E1426-4586-4F4A-AA8F-89AF563433A7.png
    70 KB · Views: 788
Re:

I look at what is good, I’ve come to the conclusion that my my combat stress/ptsd/ farttoofuckinglonginastateofhypervigilance has reprogrammed part of my body and I accept this.
Aspects of my life have and are pretty dire but these are episodes in the long running series of Joe’s World.

Life is difficult but there’s a joy in every aspect, I go through periods where I wake up super early I changed my fear of these by renaming them “mega-lie ins” or
100% useful time. I find myself crying a fair bit too especially when I’m driving alone.

Above all I recognise 2 things, firstly the mantra “ I’m not being shot at,sinking or on fire so that’s ok” pops into head, because I have shown to myself the extraordinary limits I have been to then I don’t have to keep checking or micromanage parts of my life that are self destructive I leave that alone.

My close friend Will died on 20th of December from a cancer borne of a muscular injury, a man so dedicated to his art and surfing, ironically a surfboard injury.
Bill and I had many adventures, heavy nights , went through the whole spectrum of emotional experiences life was chucking at us.
We played lots of music, wrote great poems and held each other in respect.
At 37 he ran out of steam, too much art left undone. I think of Bill a lot, remind myself of his request to “ look after your dad” ( they were both diagnosed with cancer within months of each other) but above all remember the chorus line in what I feel is one of Bills best songs

>>->Embrace your Freedom <-<<

Realise this - We are alive, we can hug a big rock if we want to, we can do anything we want because we have freedom.

>>—>

http://www.littlearrow.co.uk/

Ps worth checking out the videos

Back