Accommodation in Northern Ireland

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Morning peeps :cool:

Panda 2 moving to Norn Irn for a while for work, Belfast/Ballymena area. Anyone aware of, or have contacts for, "reasonably priced" rented accommodation? House/flat share or similar probably.

cheers

:xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Good man, sir! "reasonably priced" kinda covers everywhere in this place...Bfast is an incredible town (spent 20 years there myself) but rents will be prob 40% higher than anywhere else now...if yer drivin, then I'd say your best bet would be somewhere out in the sticks from Bmena, where for some reason you pay a hell of a lot less....if it's only for a few weeks maybe consider offerin a few hundred squids on somethin on Propertypal, a lot of landlords will give you a few weeks on something that'll be sitting there not making them money anyway until its rented....I'd make an offer on something like this for the hell of it! -

https://www.propertypal.com/barn-conver ... 0/photo-21

- great cycling up around there too, so naturally you'll be bringing your bike. And good luck with the local accent....

Re:

Sound advice there. We live just outside Randalstown - really central to the whole country, six or seven miles from Ballymena, plenty of pubs, green space and now the best kept town in Ireland.

I'm in Bangor, down the other side of Belfast Lough.

Any rental house will be listed on PropertyPal as said. You could try checking Propertynews.com too, though the two sites are basically replicas of each other, there sometimes can be a listing on one and not the other. Don't rule out Gumtree either.

Another place that might be worth trying is a post on local car/motorbike forum rmsmotoring.com It's really active and lots of people that know people on there, especially if you're looking for a share.

Re:

Car insurance is pretty damn high there - any way round that? Quoting approx twice as much as UK (Scotland) premium

£1600 for a 15 year old ordinary Ford!!??

Back