Dawes Ranger rebuilt - where to sell

Zobe

Retro Newbie
Hey all, I’m new on here, so hopefully I am posting this note in the right place!

I have nearly finished restoring my Dad’s 80’s Dawes Ranger mountain bike, and wondered if anyone could advise the best place to sell it, and what to charge for it. It has been stripped down and resprayed in French navy (original was burgundy) and we have used the original parts where possible in the rebuild. Just now need to get the brakes and gears finished at the bike shop. Any thoughts, I’d be very grateful. Please be gentle with me, this bike has been a sentimental project!

Attachments

• 82BB916A-A63D-4F82-8F29-D1EFF939A4BE.jpeg
    82BB916A-A63D-4F82-8F29-D1EFF939A4BE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,194
Re:

If it has a lot of sentimental value and you have the space, I think you ought to keep it. If it must be sold, advertise it in the MTB -->1997 For Sale section here so that it can go to someone who will appreciate it and its place in British mountain biking history.

As for pricing, I'm not too sure. The fact that it's not the original colour might put some off and detract from it's value; on the other hand, it looks great. An unrestored one sold on here a while ago for £100 including postage. You should be able to get a bit more than that.

It’s obviously worth more to you than the money. You should keep it as you’ll never get back the time and attention you’ve given it. Very nicely done.

Thanks guys. I’m not going to have the space to keep it, but would love for an enthusiast to have this, so will list it on the for sale section once it’s complete. Agreed I won’t get the money back, but for me it is about keeping it going and getting it to someone who will look after it.

Back