The Blackspire Thread

cyclotoine

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Blackspire doesn't get much attention, but are probably best known for their chainrings.

This is the only blackspire seatpost I have ever seen and I think it is a "downwill" post because it has a pretty thick wall. In anycase, there are a lot of similarities to syncros and I picked it up probably 6-7 years ago. I think it's from the late 1990s. Another neat blackspire thing I have is a small handmade messenger bag made in Vancouver that says "in gravity we trust" or something like that.

Here are some photos of the post.

IMG_6078.jpg

IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

please share any knowledge and photos of blackspire.

iv got a new one of those, hidden away somewhere. 26.8 from memory, will eventually fit one of the cove frames i also have stashed away...

A friend of mine had a post, 26.8 I think. Have no idea what happened to it.

I have a set of their cranks and have not seen many around. I also have 2 or 3 chainguides, rings, and bashguards.

Baulz":i9r8arxr said:
A friend of mine had a post, 26.8 I think. Have no idea what happened to it.

I have a set of their cranks and have not seen many around. I also have 2 or 3 chainguides, rings, and bashguards.

Please post some photos of the cranks! :xmas-cool:

their 5-bolt chainrings, which they still carry have a striking resemblance to what Race Face use to offer. curious if there's any connection between the two in that regards.

file.php

I just looked at their website, you can still buy the post pictured in the OP and it looks exactly the same! Maybe not as retro as I thought it was. Also they make a lot more components than I thought.

RobMac":2llyelgw said:
Ive got a boxed NOS stem a down hill one I think I'll put a photo up ASAP

dont expect that anytime soon. He's old ,he forgets things ;)

Back