GT Team RTS (modern rig) - and RTS-1 (retro rig)

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have been working on this for some time now - ordered the frame as new old stock from the states, then began sourcing parts. I got a bit carried away and kept replacing parts I'd added to it, ending up with a new XTR groupset on the frame. As I intend to use this, I'm pleased with the results, but appreciate that this build will not be to everyone's retro tastes, but please, do feed back on what I've done wrong or right.

On the plus side, with all the bits left over I build an RTS-1 which is more retro - I'll post pics of this later.

Attachments

• Team RTS - bars forks and front wheel view.jpg
    Team RTS - bars forks and front wheel view.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5,602
  • Team RTS - rear side view.jpg
    Team RTS - rear side view.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 5,598
  • Team RTS - side view closeup.jpg
    Team RTS - side view closeup.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5,603
  • Team RTS - side view.jpg
    Team RTS - side view.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5,602
:cool:

I really like it! Not quite sure about the wheels/tyres but otherwise it's amazing old the RTS frame looks fresh - must be a timeless design I guess.

Commuter?

No it's not a commuter, these are just a set of tyres I had kicking around that I put on for test rides. When it gets ridden in anger, I'll stick some nobbles on.

Looking great apart from the slicks.

Anychance of some bigger photos? I can't quite make out the detail on the leaves. :LOL:

TSC.

Pic size?

Sorry for the large pic size - they looked a lot smaller prior to posting them.

In response to another comment, what is wrong with the wheels, tyres aside? Always appreciate constructive feedback - might make me change my RTS-1 build before posting pics (though that does have spin tri-spokes on at the moment). :)

I reckon the RTS would look quite good with Spins on it, although beware, I have Spins on my Mongoose & the reception was mixed to say the least. That aside, I'd love to see it with Spins on.

How do you find the clearance on the rear brake booster under full suspension compression? Does it get near the seat-tube at all?

TSC.

Rear booster clearance and pic size

I haven't really used this in anger since building up so have no idea as to the clearance under full compression, in fact I had not even considered it until you mentioned it, so I'll take it for a test run and report back.

By popular demand, I've reduced the picture size, which has reduced the quality sadly, but at least you don't need a 42 inch plasma to view them now :LOL:

TSC.":lp197llm said:
How do you find the clearance on the rear brake booster under full suspension compression? Does it get near the seat-tube at all?

I'm going to check mine now.....eek! :oops:

Love the bike BTW?

Latest posts

Back