Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:13 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 am 
Retro Guru

unkleGsif wrote:
Cracking work done so far

I think to date, in terms of classic motorsport liveries, we have had...
A few JPS / Lotus (Yakboy's Lotus, my Kilauea)
Gulf Porsche (FJPShaw's Kilauea (he's no longer active i dont think, and the post now lost its pictures unfortunately, as it was a mega sweet build)

G

If you have a look at my signature G my SBike 506 will be a Gulf inspired bike :D

We will need to have a line up one day

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:54 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner

Fantastic as usual - I predominantly view the site on my mobile, so Signatures don't appear and I don't get to see peoples other builds.

I have always wanted, and very much still do, to do a classic Red and White McLaren MP4/4 build, but feel it would be best suited to a road bike :oops: :evil: :

I think a "Classic Motorsport Livery Meet" should be on the cards when all the builds are complete 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:24 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Sorry Chaps, I’ve been ‘double busy’ with my two day masking marathon…. I did see the notifications but I thought I’d let you guys chat amongst yourselves… :)
Attachment:
file-272.jpeg
file-272.jpeg [ 305.66 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

LongLegsRetro wrote:
With all that shiny alloy on the frame, I'd be swayed towards Gold Leaf red, reasoning being, that colour scheme was from an era where there were still shiny bits of chassis and suspension visable on the cars, by the time JPS Black became iconic, things were being covered up with bodywork.

True..but the XTR was always the black one…. 8)

unkleGsif wrote:
Cracking work done so far
Personally, I would go with either the Gold Leaf Red or the classic green with yellow highlights
I think to date, in terms of classic motorsport liveries, we have had...
A few JPS / Lotus (Yakboy's Lotus, my Kilauea)
Gulf Porsche (FJPShaw's Kilauea (he's no longer active i dont think, and the post now lost its pictures unfortunately, as it was a mega sweet build)
G

One in green is enough… :shock: and the only reason I even considered the Gold Leaf was because Yakboy’s bike is shaping up to be quite a hard act to follow… :cry: :facepalm:

yakboy wrote:
If you have a look at my signature G my SBike 506 will be a Gulf inspired bike :D
We will need to have a line up one day

Absolutely… :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:35 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Maybe Mr Yak will venture south in June and show us his Lotus at Mayhem along side yours and of course MyTeenageSelf’s would make for quite a show

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Retro Spud wrote:
Maybe Mr Yak will venture south in June and show us his Lotus at Mayhem along side yours and of course MyTeenageSelf’s would make for quite a show

Not sure me & Jimmy’s Lotuses will be ready for MM’19 but I certainly am looking forward to seeing Yakboy’s & Myteanage selfs serious machines in the flesh!!!!

BTW, I had a play around with introducing some ivory along with the gold text so it looks like the Gold Leaf red bike idea is back in pole position.,.. :wink:

Last edited by Peachy! on Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Ok, so I’m committed now.
Frames are with the powder coaters, the 16” in British standard “British Racing Green” and the 18” in RAL 3020 Verkehrsrot / Traffic red.
And I’ve had a tweak of the graphics and sent them on to Gil, so there’s no turning back! :facepalm:

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 39.59 KiB | Viewed 250 times ]

Last edited by Peachy! on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:30 pm 
Retro Guru

The size of the Shimano script looks much better. Gil will be getting sick of Lotus's as I popped in this morning to finalise the decal sizes :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:37 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

yakboy wrote:
The size of the Shimano script looks much better. Gil will be getting sick of Lotus's as I popped in this morning to finalise the decal sizes :D

Indeed it does, I've been having a good look at this thread whilst recovering from an evil bout of of flu :facepalm:

Only thing I would change (without fear of looking like a pedant) would be to lose the 'Deore' script, as per the original mockups you did... XTR was/is a groupset in it's own right and never part of the Deore range. It looks better as well like that in my opinion :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Retro Spud wrote:

This year will be a no go I'm afraid but next year definitely (I will have a few more bikes finished then I hope :roll: )

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

mynchiboy wrote:
yakboy wrote:

Indeed it does, I've been having a good look at this thread whilst recovering from an evil bout of of flu :facepalm:

Only thing I would change (without fear of looking like a pedant) would be to lose the 'Deore' script, as per the original mockups you did... XTR was/is a groupset in it's own right and never part of the Deore range. It looks better as well like that in my opinion :)

Good point, I was getting carried away.... I'll get Gil to omit the Deore

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next