Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi,

I have purchased an Orange Prestige frame and it is winging it's way to me.

It will be repainted in an appropriate period colour by Argos.

I am however in 2 minds as to which way to take the build.

Option 1 'brochure correct' where I build something that I could have ordered new from Orange. M231 rims, complete DX or XT group set and standard finishing kit.

Option 2 'Full Monty' where I use as much UK kit as possible.
Middleburn, Pace, Hope, Venhill, X-Lite.

I think I know which way you lot will vote, but it's a fun poll anyway.

Cheers.

i went for the full monty as there seemed to be no full Campag option :D

Re:

I went for standard spec but at the time that meant you could mix and match to suit your need so you have plenty of choice.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":2da9dqqh said:
I went for standard spec but at the time that meant you could mix and match to suit your need so you have plenty of choice.

True that. 'Standard Spec' could still be XTR M900 & RC-35's. :p

More information needed. What year colour and condition is the frame? Any pics yet.

As for answering the question I dunno I'm not well qualified! I've got three of them to spec/respec and still haven't made my mind up. Depends on a 4th coming along. I think ultimately for me would be a not quite so blinged m735 spec.
My blingiest one ended up with a host of world purple and m737, craving the above now!

So bit of both to answer. ;)

Re:

Mine is a battered & bruised old thing used for shop & pub duties till I re-home it, I'm gonna go full Monty as mine doesn't look like anything apart from the cranks have been replaced but doesn't fit the usual spec.

Re: Re:

Stick Legs":rtczps1h said:
brocklanders023":rtczps1h said:

True that. 'Standard Spec' could still be XTR M900 & RC-35's. :p

Yep, could also be Suntour/Shimano mix. :cool:

reanimation":16g4ayit said:
More information needed. What year colour and condition is the frame? Any pics yet.

As for answering the question I dunno I'm not well qualified! I've got three of them to spec/respec and still haven't made my mind up. Depends on a 4th coming along. I think ultimately for me would be a not quite so blinged m735 spec.
My blingiest one ended up with a host of world purple and m737, craving the above now!

No pics yet, picking it up at the end of the month.

Undecided between black or purple/orange/purple fade...

Condition will be mint (when I've finished with it). :LOL:

Stick Legs":xwr88zfb said:
reanimation":xwr88zfb said:

No pics yet, picking it up at the end of the month.

Undecided between black or purple/orange/purple fade...

Condition will be mint (when I've finished with it). :LOL:

Brill, I voted the Best of Britain option in the end. Kind of where mine went, Pace etc.
My next build sounds similar regarding a recoat, it's a 1993 (again) but will be more like a standardish group as I CBA collecting fancy parts again :D and will be truer to the bike I actually would have built in 1992/3.

Back