Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X emerges from the shed.....

Soggster

Dirt Disciple
Hello Folks,

I've been away from biking for about 10 years, and have decided to get back into it to get fit etc. and didnt realise old MTB's were a thing until a mate mentioned it.
I used to ride in sports class in N.E.M.B.A. and other northern series back in the day, and just recreationally since then. This is why I have this bike, which was built for me back in 1991, and has stayed pretty much the same since, except for a repaint by Roberts in the min 90's. I can remeber building the frame up in a mates garage on the night of my 21st birthday, what a saddo!
It has Cooks Cranks, mainly XTR & XT, lots of Ti bits like USE seatpost etc. A few things need doing, like better period forks (1 inch Ahead), and I've got a Ti flite saddle somewhere. It came with the Roberts quill stem, but it got damaged after it got siezed in the forks unfortunately.

The colour scheme is how I originaly had it painted, basically negative of the standard colour. I've never seen another like it, but they could be out there.

Anyway. Hello from me.

Cheers. Andy.

20180624_181821 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

20180624_181955 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

20180624_182000 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

20180624_182006 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

Welcome to Retro Bike

Got say nice bike but with those tyres your BOLX’s appears to have been castrated

Have you got any pics of it in action from back in the day ?

Re:

The tyres have already been changed! As for forks it did have rigid Pace ones (RC30?) on, and these were then converted to RC35 at some point. It's all a long time ago so I can't even remember where the forks are! It'd be good to have some back on it. I do know it's a 1 inch steerer so choice is limited it seems.

Re:

Welcome to RB from a fellow DB owner.

Looking at the cranks, those chainrings are definitely from the 90's, my Zaskar (built in 94/5) has Middleburn's with similar sized chainrings.... I can only think we were a lot fitter back then. :mrgreen:

RC35 AB's are about, so are the elastomers, so it shouldn't be too hard to find some.

Welcome, and thats a very nice bike.

I have been thinking of getting my Roberts sprayed negative style when i get round to building it, mostly because i thought it would look nice but also as i havent seen another, until now that is :LOL:

Forks come up for sale now and agan, RC30's too, and there is a wanted section where you can post if you are needing any parts :)

Look forward to seeing more pics of the bike :cool:

mark

Re:

Welcome from another DOGS owner. Fine bike you have there. A bit of a tune up and a few new (old) parts and you’re good to go!

Latest posts

Back