Help Identify This Zaskar

npn

Retro Guru
I'm having trouble finding what year this bike is from. The seller is an older lady and can't take better pictures.

I'd appreciate your input:
dVPhdxV.jpg

bL5EFEj.jpg

VJAVbhg.jpg

pXH9iyj.jpg

Yup, I'd say 95 too. Same Zaskar graphics as on The Boy's 1995 Baby Zaskar. Have a check in the gallery for brochures. Most of them seem to be in German for some reason...!

Yea I checked the gallery and my guess was 1995 but that color combination wasn't there's.

Question, and I asked this on another forum -- what's so special about Zaskar? Is it the frame? The components are not that special

I think it's a 96. 95's had syncros stems and seat tubes. Obviously the brakes have been changed to V's which weren't offered until 97. Zaskars are special because they were hand made frames rather than the mass produced frames made in Asia. they are also light weight and stiff. They made great racing bikes back in the day.

LE frames were the same until sometime in 98 onward when there were genuine differences in the frames. Prior to this, it was equipment only. Somewhere 'Light Edition' seems to ring a bell.

It is very likely an 'ink blue' 1996 - anodized blue

pict0055_124.jpg

file.php

Many many times the subject of their weld quality comes up as they 'look' terrible. These are hand welded as opposed Taiwanese pulse welders. Neatness doesnt guarantee penetration or join - theres a reason Zaskar frames survive into their 3rd decade.

Wow! That frame looks amazing. I'll post updates and the frame numbers once (if) I get it.

Back