Swedish Crescent Gram (Sandvik TI)restoration project.

dahl

Retro Guru
Hi Guys,

Haven’t done any updates for a while, the latest project is a Swedish TI bike from Crescent!

Mine is a 1998 with paint, for some reason the “TI” color is painted?! I really do not like painted TI frames.
So what sucked is that the CrossMax are cracked... I really like them and it seems impossible to get in hold of fresh ones.
Most of the components just needed a “fresh start”

The 1997 had no paint on, much nicer (pic below)

The frame will be polished by a professional, with new orange stickers!

Some pics of the progress :)
https://flic.kr/s/aHskFkXqGP

Attachments

• IMG_5010.JPG
    IMG_5010.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 2084-gram.jpg
    2084-gram.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,192
Re:

Wow, very nice bike. I don't now this brand, never see bikes, but looks like Italian brand Speed.
Very rare to see titanium fork mount by original maker in 1997, suspension fork's standard.
Cool !!! :cool:

Re: Re:

mojo ti":8bvt71ko said:
Wow, very nice bike. I don't now this brand, never see bikes, but looks like Italian brand Speed.
Very rare to see titanium fork mount by original maker in 1997, suspension fork's standard.
Cool !!! :cool:

The brand is one of the oldest bike companies founded 1897 in Sweden.
Unfortunately, mine is a 1998 there for with the SID fork....

Re: Re:

dahl":2osyq8r9 said:
mojo ti":2osyq8r9 said:
Your frame is welded by Sandwik or Crescent ?
Sandvik doesn't weld, they make the tubes

Are you sure ?, you can see en this photo, sandvik make tubes and welded frame for DBR (and many other brands, Kona, McMahon, etc)

Re:

I'm pretty sure, asked my dad back when I got my
Kona hei hei and he checked with some
Old friends and they said they deliver the material.

Will check again, with Sandvik direct.

AFAIK DBR, Dean, Kona etc. were made by Titanium Sports Technologies (TST) in Kennewick, WA.

They had origins in the Ti hydraulic pipe business for the air industry.

Woz":dnr4fmyy said:
AFAIK DBR, Dean, Kona etc. were made by Titanium Sports Technologies (TST) in Kennewick, WA.

They had origins in the Ti hydraulic pipe business for the air industry.

Seems right.

Would be interesting to know who built the Ti Crescents. In Sweden (somewhere near Bromma?), Russian Federation, USA, Far East?

Probably when you remove the paint around the BB to see the serial number properly it may provide some clues?

Back