97 Xizang

tonedeaf101

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right, this will be my last build I promised myself, well of a new to me frame at least :facepalm:

Amazed at the condition of this thing, the previous owner having hardly using it due to unfortunate knee damage.
First job will be to rub back the Bologna's and get the old airbrush out for some black enamel sexiness.
Then will give the frame a bit of a clean up and new decals. They don't actually need them its that good, but I prefer the 96 versions so will hopefully get some from Gil.
I have most parts already but can't decide what way to go for the crank. Either Middleburn or a compact drive Syncros like on my Zaskar are the choices so far. Would like an XTR one but I cant be dealing with the hassle of BB's and rings.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 966
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 966
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 966
Yea parts are pretty much the same, plus a few changes here and there. Not decided on stem or bars yet either but I have always liked Kore stuff so will probably stick with those.

Re:

Little update after spending some time removing gunk from the frame and giving it a bit of a polish. Has come up fantastic!
Forks have also been airbrushed with black enamel today and are just drying, so should get them fitted tomorrow and the wheels on.
Still cant decide if I should keep these decals or go for slightly older style which I prefer.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 631
  • 005 (2).JPG
    005 (2).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 631
Re:

:shock: :shock: :shock: wow, that is amazing. In my opinion you should rather stick to those decals (and add a '98 SID to the front ;)). I really hope that one day I come across one of those or a Zaskar in such a good condition :D

Ciao Mathias

Re:

Newly sprayed up forks now fitted so added a few parts just to make some progress as the sun starts to go down. Ignore the stem, its just temporary to hold it together :)

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 007 (2).JPG
    007 (2).JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 482
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 482
Back