BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Always wanted one but never thought I'd get one, especially not in my size, so when this came up on eBay a while back I wasn't going to let it get away.

Not much of a build thread for this one but just wanted to share a few pics for reference. It came to me in very nice, mostly original condition and didn't require a great deal of work.

Pics from the eBay listing.....

Re:

I swapped the Iscaselle saddle for a nice Avocet Racing one (and rotated the seatpost to face in the right direction!) and added a nos XT QR binder. It came without pedals so I slung on a pair of XT's, although I now have the correct Deore pedals, which I still need to fit. The very narrow bar was swapped for the 753 bar pictured but this has now been replaced with a nos Prestige one. I've fitted some amberwall Maximum/Reaction tyres which I'd been saving for the right occasion (need another Reaction if anyone has a spare?).

Other than that I just needed to change a couple of cables, fit a pair of grips and take it out for a spin :)

Re:

Thanks Tim, although I can't take a great deal of credit for it. Most of the credit should go to the original owner who looked after it very well (or never rode it).

First ride out a few weeks ago now........

.......and some more

Very clean and nice looking bike you got there!

It looks small; how tall are you (in cm) and what is size of the bike?

I am thinking of getting a Kona for my misses and I am inquiring about suitable Kona frame sizes!

It's a 16", the smallest size they made before the 14" got introduced. I'm just about 5'7" on a good day, in a very thick pair of socks, just under 170cm! I've had 16" and 18" Konas over the years but found the smaller size better, especially on the technical stuff.

Re:

Funny because you look taller than that.

Now be nice about my bike.

al. :D

Re: Re:

I have special shoes for when you come round

al":t0laqy11 said:
Funny because you look taller than that.

Now be nice about my bike.

al. :D

Looks superb Adrian. Just love that colour and the parts on it just look so 'right' :)

Back