1980's British Eagle Madness

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
If my Force 18 from Navarone wasnt early enough, and truth be told, its a bit small

file.php

I found this on ebay and with no bids, decent low volume hand built 531 Reynolds frame/ forks but all with a brand name thats about as fashionable as a Gary Glitter childrens lunch box...

Some decent tyres, a wheel/ groupset upgrade (anyone for an Exage chainset?) and some anti brown bum mudguards, it will be a great winter mud plugger

Attachments

• more eagle madness.JPG
    more eagle madness.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,955
  • oh god no more eagle madnessness.jpg
    oh god no more eagle madnessness.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,954
  • yet more eagle madness.jpg
    yet more eagle madness.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,954
Re: More British Eagle Madness

Is the front wheel on that bike the same weinmann as the rear? If so and it ever becomes useless to you or up for sale can I please have first dibs as it matches my rear on my townsend. If you don't want to sell just the ones I would be interested in both. Do they have matching hubs and if so what hubs? Thanks
Good looking bike by the way, stem and forks are a lovely shade of gay pink! Did you buy the buy for that reason alone? Lol

If you can remember oatmeal jumpers, you'll remember that pastels were in that year.

Well, its here, its 531cs and the BB was not even hand tight...

Year is possibly 1986, built identical to the pastel one but bigger and without any Shimano.

I have lots of Suntour to go on but not much in the way of wheels. Pics when my stomach gets out of the way.

a20792a12cfcefc301392a_m__36077.1412205236.1280.1280.jpg

Leighcal":191bed7m said:
Is the front wheel on that bike the same weinmann as the rear? If so and it ever becomes useless to you or up for sale can I please have first dibs as it matches my rear on my townsend. If you don't want to sell just the ones I would be interested in both. Do they have matching hubs and if so what hubs? Thanks
Good looking bike by the way, stem and forks are a lovely shade of gay pink! Did you buy the buy for that reason alone? Lol

The wheels are shimano hubs with the weinmann rims. Rear hub is for screw-on freewheels, max 7spd. Currently with a 6spd. Up for grabs if you want them.

Its all set up ready with drops, barcons and levers and as I'm picking it up I'm thinking this is a bit light, whats missing? Chain and cables. that is all.

Sooo, I might have a change of tack and go for a lightweight 1980s build. I will have some wheelbuilding to do as I absolutely hate rustless spokes and thats all I seem to have right now.

Back