Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:39 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Hey Guys,

So ive manage to nearly finish one of my builds... Its taken some time but i thought id share it with you. It needs a little clean as i only polished it 2 years ago when i go the frame and the Mags need a respray. Ive put the Saint pedals on temporarily as i only just got around to riding her today so i could tune the gears and brakes.

Mostly comprises of XTR M900 Seat Post, Hubs and Mechs, Syncro's Chain Set, XT Thumbie's and U-Brake, Onza Canti's, Ano Black Kooka RS front brace, RS Mag SL's, Ringle QR's & Seat Post Clamp, Chris King Headset, OEM Viscount GT Saddle, GT Flat Bar, Kore Elite Stem, Panaracer Spikes and Mavix 117 SUP Ceramics.

I know its not OEM and i do like attention to detail but to my own spec. I have more builds on the go but i do like to take my time and find the right bits and peices...

Please let me know what you think... Sorry about the pics as i don't have a great camera so had to use my iPhone 5 haha.

Thanks for taking a look and hope I've done the thread justice as this is my first build post. Hope you like it :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:27 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Not that im a picky b*stard or anything :lol: ...But those graphics arent quite right, that would bother me if it were mine ...But a tidy looking bike, nice one :D

ps. why are there two aqua zaskars in the background not being used? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

Cracking build you done there I like it!!!

Like the Syncros chain set on it!

Looks like got a few builds on the go there.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:39 pm 
Retro Guru

SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
Not that im a picky b*stard or anything :lol: ...But those graphics arent quite right, that would bother me if it were mine ...But a tidy looking bike, nice one :D

Thanks Sean ill take that as a compliment i think... Whats not right with the Decals? They are the correct decals... Ill be replacing them soon as ill strip her down for a good hand polish now that she's mostly done.

As for the Aqua's ones a 14.5" and ones a 16". Both far down on the to do list ;) Theres quite a lot of Aqua around these days :) Love your frame btw very clean!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:40 pm 
Retro Guru

rojo wrote:
Cracking build you done there I like it!!!

Like the Syncros chain set on it!

Looks like got a few builds on the go there.

Thanks Rojo! Thanks for the push ;) More builds to come :D Ill PM you later 8)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

phatmar wrote:
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:

Thanks Sean ill take that as a compliment i think... Whats not right with the Decals? They are the correct decals... Ill be replacing them soon as ill strip her down for a good hand polish now that she's mostly done.

As for the Aqua's ones a 14.5" and ones a 16". Both far down on the to do list ;) Theres quite a lot of Aqua around these days :) Love your frame btw very clean!

please do, it was a positive response to your "let me know what you think" :)

i noticed that the scale of the downtube graphic isnt right, look how big it is :wink: also the seat tube graphic appears to be on the headtube and the headtube graphic appears to be on the seat tube... like i said though i am fussy :facepalm: :lol:

aqua seems to be everyones favourite colour, ive not actually seen many here. mines very tidy, however not mint :)

Attachments:
p5pb10636687.jpg
p5pb10636687.jpg [ 248.76 KiB | Viewed 1629 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:09 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Omar don't listen to him, either he want born yet he was still gnawing on his nook when that bike was born...only thing wrong with the decals is LE did not happen until the 92 model year.....LE meant XTR equipped and that didn't happen until 92. Although not PC its a very nice build. He should he the one to talk with his 94 frame and 98 fork.

Last edited by gm1230126 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm 
Retro Guru

SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
phatmar wrote:
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:

please do, it was a positive response to your "let me know what you think" :)

i noticed that the scale of the downtube graphic isnt right, look how big it is :wink: also the seat tube graphic appears to be on the headtube and the headtube graphic appears to be on the seat tube... like i said though i am fussy :facepalm: :lol:

aqua seems to be everyones favourite colour, ive not actually seen many here. mines very tidy, however not mint :)

Sean... FYI Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:38 pm 
Retro Guru

gm1230126 wrote:
Omar don't listen to him, either he want born yet gnahe was still gnawing on his nook when that bike was born...only thing wrong with the decals is LE did not happen until the 92 model year.....LE meant XTR equipped and that didn't happen until 92. Although not PC its a very nice build. He should he the one to talk with his 94 frame and 98 fork.

Thanks GM the Frame is stamped 91 so would of been out to the public for sale in 92. Thanks for info the comment :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:27 am 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Sean, Phatmar keep it friendly please.