93-94 Dave Yates Donkis Nob

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Had this one for a while (Bought from "rideczech" off here) and made some good progress with the build but haven't found the time to get a build thread going until now :oops: .
When I built my C16R this type of frameset was what I was really after, some nice hand-built fillet brazed british steel (no offence to the C16R BTW). So most of the components from the C16R build have been robbed for this one, with a few additions/upgrades as I found what I was after.
I'll start with a simple pic of the Frameset and will add to the thread over the coming days, enjoy :D

Attachments

• P1010405.jpg
    P1010405.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 3,342
Re:

Nice! I hopefully have a '94 MaxOR Yates Diabolo arriving tomorrow. Signing in for updates.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Just frame, no fork. It originally had a RC35 MXCD from new, but the seller split from the frame and I just missed the fork on eBay. Not sure what I'll stick on there, possibly an RC30.
Got a stuck seatpost issue to sort out, but I will get some pictures up soon.
Paint is plain red, nothing like as flash as yours!

:shock: :cool: . Being a local to Dave I've always fancied a MTB from him. That frames paint is just pure gorgeous , good luck with the rest of the build :xmas-big-grin: .

Re: Re:

MatBH5":2sl202c4 said:
Just frame, no fork. It originally had a RC35 MXCD from new, but the seller split from the frame and I just missed the fork on eBay. Not sure what I'll stick on there, possibly an RC30.
Got a stuck seatpost issue to sort out, but I will get some pictures up soon.
Paint is plain red, nothing like as flash as yours!
Bit of a project then, sounds interesting.

retroyetiguy":2sl202c4 said:
:shock: :cool: . Being a local to Dave I've always fancied a MTB from him. That frames paint is just pure gorgeous , good luck with the rest of the build :xmas-big-grin: .
The paint is what made me go for this one in the end, there's a bit of patina but on the whole it's in pretty good nick. Dave isn't quite as local to you as he used to be, they're down in Lincoln now.

Yeah, the good thing is being near Newcastle and Gosforth is loads of bikes that he has built turn up , if it's either a Joe Waugh , Yates or M Steels. A bloke we met on the ferry to Holland fitted his kitchen at his house down in Licolnshire,

retroyetiguy":1nsq4fhs said:
Yeah, the good thing is being near Newcastle and Gosforth is loads of bikes that he has built turn up , if it's either a Joe Waugh , Yates or M Steels. A bloke we met on the ferry to Holland fitted his kitchen at his house down in Licolnshire,
Right enough, never thought about that. So do you use the line "I know Dave Yates kitchen fitter" in social situations as an icebreaker? :LOL: Small world eh.

Back