Some of my old bikes bitd pre 97

Nik Gnashers

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and recently got back into the MTB scene again, having just bought a new 29'er.
I was a HUGE fan of the early bikes, and owned so many I cannot remember them all. The first was a Giant (unsure of the model), I can remember it had a U brake underneath just behind the bottom bracket, and it was white, but not a lot else (I think the acid house raves of 88, and then the hardcore raves of 90-93 have somehow elapsed my memory :roll: )
Other bikes I can remember that I owned but not pictured below included a Raleigh Mustang 198?, a Kona Lavadome 1993, Claud Bulter early 90's.

No idea what this frame was, but it got constantly upgraded and thrashed within an inch of it's life :
early90s_zpsf0874bec.jpg

This was my Cannondale M300, with XT rear mech, DX bits, V light and an awesome climber :
Cannondalem300_zps48816163.jpg

This was taken in 1991, a Kona Fire Mountain 1990, which had lots of XT / DX and LX bits, mavic rims. It actually got stolen twice, and I got it back twice !!
KonaFireMountain1991_zpsef8f849c.jpg

This was another early 90's no idea what frame (I put the caloi stickers on) I built up. Decent spec, nice zoom stem, and I was particularly proud of my gold chain !
MyDIYbikemid90s_zps16d051b4.jpg

Thank you for looking :cool:

Re:

Thank you for the comments chaps :)

I have recently returned to the MTB hobby, with a new bike for xmas (Felt Virtue 50 2015), but I still have the old bikes in my heart.

I can see me getting something early 90's as a project next year lol :cool:

Back