Marin Muirwoods

wan

Old School Hero
Hi all. I want share my garage collection. I think this my 6 bike(girlfriend) after 3 of them let go to give some space. :facepalm:

I met her maybe 27 July 2014 with her ex-boyfriend :roll:

here we go :

thing to do in 2 year plan is:
-get new original color shirt;
-find all decal;
-clean and service all bearing and give some vitamin (grease) :LOL:
-find out her identity (year make like that);
-the seat is stuck now.need hard job there;

any idea? please advise.

wan
:mrgreen:

Re:

I'm nearly in tears here seeing the bike in that non-flouro way, restore quickly and i will forgive you ;)

Just a complete start again job, really.

Everything you need is there already. Go through each part you remove and decide if it can be saved/cleaned/serviced or not. I recommend replacing the cranks and front derailleur for 3/4/500LX.
If you live in leeds i will try to remove the seatpost for you, if you buy the freeze spray.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VanLine-VC147 ... 41879743f1

Result not guaranteed, but a proven good method.

Get busy! :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks mate!

I am at Bristol. at the moment i like keep all originally that my mission. did you know what and where i can buy paint this marin?
any sample or catalogue?
wan

Re:

Hi wan,

Actual paint codes are not really obtainable, as far as i know anyway.

I would look around for a clean example and try match the colours by eye. The black was matte with a clear coat of some kind over the top. The flourescent green/yellow is quite universal, just ask a paint shop for the brightest they can do.

According to my 1992 palisades, the whole frame is flourescent painted first, masked off wherever needed then, painted black over the top.

If i was to re-do a whole bike I would take the frame to a powder coaters and have the flourescent done, this will be nice and tough, then i would rattle can spray the black bits myself, new decals and then take to a spray shop to have the whole lot low-shine clear lacquered. It will look fresh and be scratch resistant. The original black painted sections on these bikes are quite vulnerable, almost fade a shade with each wash! Don't be put off by the fact that a clear coat will put too much shine to it, it will fade eventually anyway.

Back