1993 Ferraroli Etna

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

No Cinelli fork crown content yet, but be patient, it's coming. I just need to overcome one cable housing stuck inside the top tube, and I'll be ready to share my oldest Ferraroli with you.

Today we have a survivor from Germany which has become my daily driver. This is the condition in which I picked it up.

When I wrote survivor, perhaps I should have been more specific. The original price tags, in Deutschmarks, survive to this day on the top tube. Oddly enough, this is the second Ferraroli I have with a fork leg tubing decal attached to the seat tube.

Also, the matching water bottle survives to this day. Perhaps the only bit of Ferraroli swag that has proven rarer is an original Certificate of Authenticity.

As my daily driver, the spec is constantly in flux. This picture is a relatively accurate representation of how and where it is ridden today, aside from an upgrade to ST-M095 shifters and Ritchey WCS grips.

Thanks for your time and attention. Until next time!
The Kid

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 647
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 647
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 647
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 647
Re:

like the color :cool:
so this etna was the top of the range of ready made frames built in taiwan then.

funny to see the 3575 DM price tag so about 12500 french francs or about 3200 CHF or approximately 1000 GBP - quite hefty price at the time I would say :shock:

Re:

Yes, all the information which I have suggests that the Etna was the top model based on an imported frame. I believe the basic specification was similar to the following picture, with STX RC group and a Cinelli-crowned rigid fork. XT with a suspension fork would have represented some costly options, which would have contributed to the high retail price which you noted.
Do you have evidence suggesting that Ferraroli's imported frames came from Taiwan? All information I have found points to Japan as the country where their more affordable, standard geometry frames came from.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 569
Re: Re:

thekidmalone":3dbhlrhn said:
Do you have evidence suggesting that Ferraroli's imported frames came from Taiwan? All information I have found points to Japan as the country where their more affordable, standard geometry frames came from.

sorry, my tongue slipped :?
I did not know exactly but as quite a few frames coming to Europe or the US originated from Taiwan, I assumed so, but your information is most probably better than mine :idea:

Back