WTB Phoenix SE

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Most recent pic of my Phoenix :) Most recent pic, but not most recent configuration. The Race Face EX 4130 stem has been replaced by the Ti edition of that same stem.

11787189535_d2a91a6927_b.jpg

Thank you. I tend to agree. This is the EX fitted now. I haven't tried it yet. If it turns out to be too noodlely, I go back to 4130.

6825620019_54ce7056a5_z.jpg

hopefully it will be ok, i remember seeing the amount of flex in a titanium stem before, i was shocked! but then it was a ti velocity stem on a hei hei with matching ti p2 forks and a titanium bar so maybe it all added up on that bike to make it seem worse.

Coincidentally I was admiring this on Google images just a wek or two ago. Beautiful :cool:

wow, that's SWEET! :cool:

i have the same stem in my Merlin Ti, with a Bonty/Titec bar. there's flex but it's not so much that i feel the need to change it, but that could be just me.

but i do like the black EX stem on that as it goes with the frame.

You're right the black stem is nice too ...plus it has a bit of rise. Will see whether the current configuration works out okay. Really want to give the Ti stem a purpose. Could end up in starting a new project :shock:

Brief specs for the bike:
WTB toggle and rollercam with booster
WTB New Paradigm components (with Grease Guard)
WTB rims
Suntour XC Pro (8s)
XT beartraps
Groovy Ti bar by Rody
Syncros cranks
AM Classic post

Back