1992 Kona Explosif Pro – Finished Page 4

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Picked this one up off eBay for a good price and going to do a total refurb on it. Its a 92 Kona Explosif Pro.

Got the matching forks and picked up the stem from Adrian. Seller also chucked in the impact headset too :)

I could leave the paint as it is but you know me :? Decals ordered from Gil so hopefully I'll be able to get everything to the powder coaters next week and then start the rebuild.

Going for brochure spec XC pro but not sure how easy it will be to find the Joe Murray branded pieces, but there lies the challenge! :D

A few (bad) pictures taken this morning.

Re: 1992 Kona Explosif Pro

By the way, does anybody know the correct BB length if I go for XC Pro MD cranks?

Ta.

ellillowladex":amfeorff said:
Giom6":amfeorff said:
By the way, does anybody know the correct BB length if I go for XC Pro MD cranks?

Ta.

115mm is the XC Pro MD GreaseGuard axle length. ;)

Brilliant, thanks :)

To be honest Gio
You continually posting about your projects is really pi**ing me off !
I mean come on .... you own at least half of my imaginary stable and buying another one is not helping !
I'm sure this one will turn out as good as the others ! :LOL:

:facepalm: here here!

I have the same frame that has been lingering in the house ready for repaint and rebuild! collected most of the parts for the XC pro build.

is yours an explosif or and explosif pro? I am intending to do mine with the black 'glitter' inline with the original imron paint job option but havent found a painter yet. from what I can tell the explsoif pros were 1991 frames?

So, remind me, the only difference of the Pro and the normal Explosif was the colour (black metallic) and the kit - Suntour instead of Shimano. The frame and forks were exactly the same weren't they.

I'm sure you know, your stem is later than 1992 ;-)

from what i gather the pros were the same frame but you had the option of choice of paint and choic of kit.

it has been stated previously that the pros could have been 1991 frames that were left over but not so sure if this is fact

Bryncrug72":1p0n2h8p said:
To be honest Gio
You continually posting about your projects is really pi**ing me off !
I mean come on .... you own at least half of my imaginary stable and buying another one is not helping !
I'm sure this one will turn out as good as the others ! :LOL:

Sorry :oops:

I was thinking bout not posting this one till it was finished but where's the fun in that :)

mfhxgram":2375p8rj said:
:facepalm: here here!

I have the same frame that has been lingering in the house ready for repaint and rebuild! collected most of the parts for the XC pro build.

is yours an explosif or and explosif pro? I am intending to do mine with the black 'glitter' inline with the original imron paint job option but havent found a painter yet. from what I can tell the explsoif pros were 1991 frames?

Its an Explosif Pro, the same that is in the 92 catalogue. I'm just going to go for the simple black metallic on this one as I hope its going to be another rider….

Well done for getting most of the parts. How did you go finding the Joe Murray bits?

Latest posts

Back