gt pantera al 1992 decals help!

darren12345

Devout Dirtbag
can anyone with a 1992 gt pantera al ,help with decals, i resently bought 1 the paint work was shot and the decals scratched so i took pictures of all the decals and wrote the measurements down and took pictures of that, then i proceeded to strip it and asked gil to make me some up and now i carnt find the fu#ing memory card, could some one take ten minutes to picture their decals and measure them the post em ,a no its it s a pain in the arse but would be appreciated as theirs no other way thanks darren.

there's a guy called "Felzno" on eBay I got avalanche AL decals from him and a few other GT parts NOS. Apparently he's also got a Yahoo Group called "GT decals"

might be worth checking him out or messaging him

nice1 thanks i need pictures of all the decals close up for quality and the sizes of the different decals then i can have them made up by gil this would be appreciated and helpfull theres a few people on the site after them thanks again darren

Wondering how you found working with the old stem - I have got my hands on a 1992 Pantera. With the original stem probably rusted in place. Not sure if it's relevant but would you have any advice on getting it off. (So I can work on the headset either new bearings or replacement.)

Some photos of the aluminium stopper/bolt now rattling around between base of the Orange stem and the bottom of the steerer tube.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevermindt ... 824799740/

Again not sure if this is an area of your expertise but am guessing it might be someones:

1) Guessing my bike would have had a Deore LX rear derailleur. Anyway know this for sure?
2) The front brakes are V Brakes which means they can't be original parts as I think these kicked off in about 1996. The rear break is an EXAGE mountain caliper brake.
3) I bought this bike along with two others and a load of bent wheels and old parts for £20 locally. I suspect the Araya silver aluminium rims with quick release are the most likely original wheelset.

It seems that the only stuff I can find online about the bike indicates Suntour components but then some people mention Euro spec was Shimano and I think a lot of the LX parts on the bike were original. Sorry to bump your thread!

Back