Rescued: It was on it's way to the tip, UPDATED 20/10/11

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it. :LOL:

I picked this up yesterday and now not sure what to do with it.
A low end Dawes One Track, it must have done all off about 50 miles in it's life! Ignore the 200GS, I saw the frame and rather liked it, again low end but it is a reynolds tubed with nice lugs, the paint is really good and I like the colour :)
I'm thinking a parts bin special for a pub bike, I should have some STX stuff plus changing the bars, stem, seat and post, all in should cut the weight down to something more reasonable, it is flippin heavy at the moment :shock:

Any opinions?

2011-10-18_09-04-10_821.jpg

2011-10-18_09-04-23_631.jpg

2011-10-18_09-05-13_663.jpg

2011-10-18_09-04-50_256.jpg

It was on it's way to the tip, now it's going to be looked after and ridden-nothing more to say- well done!

Probably doesn't deserve loads spent on it (but that frame does look kinda nice) but it deserves to be ridden more than 50 miles....

You have a good eye for a frame. It's one of those bikes which would make a great workhorse - there 's thoroughbred blood in its veins and it's still better than anything under £150 these days! :cool:

Pop some mudguards on it and it would make a great bike for the pub or popping out for a pint of milk.

+ 1 with the above

Nicely lugged, UK built Reynolds 500 frame, great stuff

And maybe my eyes deceive me, but I could swear I'm seeing XT pedals???

Cheers for the positive comments guys :D

I'm taking it to bits at the moment to give her a good clean and will be putting her back together over the next couple of days (off work untill friday night)

EDIT: I've just taken the cranks off and just for a giggle put the drive side (fixed rings) on the kitchen scales... 1lb 15oz !!! :shock: The ones I have to put on are no where near blinging but weigh 15oz less inc rings and bolts

Bob":l0soauca said:
Cheers for the positive comments guys :D

I'm taking it to bits at the moment to give her a good clean and will be putting her back together over the next couple of days (off work untill friday night)

EDIT: I've just taken the cranks off and just for a giggle put the drive side (fixed rings) on the kitchen scales... 1lb 15oz !!! :shock: The ones I have to put on are no where near blinging but weigh 15oz less inc rings and bolts

Are those XT pedals? I have to know!!!

- Great discovery on the 200GS weight, it is plastic covered steel!

Now tell me about the pedals!

:LOL:

Sorry to keep you in suspense, no they are not XT's ... unless someone has engraved 'Wellgo' on them to try and disguise them he he

The cranks on this don't seem to be plastic coated they also have biopace rings, I found and binned what I thought was a 200GS chainset a while ago, they deffinatly were plastic coated, had normal round rings and i'm sure they were even heavier!

She's fully stripped for clean and degrease now, not a single thing was stuck :shock:

i was given the same bike but it is called a backtrack and its pink and purple same parts and frame but so heavy
will post pics

Back