Ibis Mojo not nos anymore

Uncle Monty

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Back in the early 90s I read an article about a small Californian producer of MTBs. Very high quality and with a certain left field sense of humour....

DSC02587.jpg

When I got back into cycling and found this site I was lucky enough to be able to buy this. A new steel Mojo frame circa 1995 in my size.
DSC02719.jpg

It had sat around all those years and not even had a headset or BB fitted. After many months gathering parts from here and as ever ebay, I have finally put it together. Still a few parts left to source - I am not happy with the grips, it needs some appropriate skewers and the frame protectors need re-doing, but it is nearly there. This is my first attempt at a proper build so what do you think?
DSCF0146.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

Frame '95 Steel Mojo in dark blue 17"
Fork Rockshox Judy SL with spring kit
Wheels Mavic 517 M900 rear and Chris King front hub DB spokes.
Tyres Ritchey Alpha bite front Duro K rear
Seatpost Syncros
Stem Syncros ahead
Headset Chris King
Gears M900
Shifters / levers M900
Brakes M900 cantilevers and pads
Chainset M900
Cassette M900 12-32
Saddle Ti Flite
Bars Syncros Pro

Re: Ibis Mojo nos

Uncle Monty":1jw94bsp said:
This is my first attempt at a proper build so what do you think?

Very good, 9/10, you need a proper chainstay protector though, even if it is staying NOS.

I need a steel Ibis.

I love it it's as hot as your woodpile will make you come the long winter nights not so in love with those forx tho cany help thinking it needs something more exotic but I am nitpicking it is an awesome bike and passes the "would I like to ride it to see how it rides" test with flying colours ....well done :D

Back