Stealth Lobster (pic heavy!)

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I was planning a ride tomorrow...until I watched the local weather forcast! So, I headed out this afternoon on my own and took some pics of my repaired and re-built Rock Lobster.
I managed to snap the frame near the rear drop-out... (pic shows repair made at nearest pub :D )

repair.jpg

I toyed with writting it off and getting something else to hang the parts on, but I really like the way this rides so looked into a repair. A local marine welding company re-brazed it for me for a tenner!

68a9c5b4.jpg

I had already been planning a winter strip and re-coat of the frame, as the white wasn't the best quality. I've used a local coating company for a few friends bikes recently and used them to re-coat mine in black.
Gil supplied the decals and everything else just transfered across (appart from the Crosmax wheels, that I bought this week).

CIMG0805.jpg

CIMG0809.jpg

CIMG0808.jpg

CIMG0813.jpg

CIMG0816.jpg

CIMG0819.jpg

This is my regular ride and it's in no way meant to be anywhere near period correct. It is however meant to be ridden hard, and thats what it gets :D

nice work!.....just got to sort that nasty fracture in the gear cable outer by the rear mech now, the insulation tape will never hold!.... ;).....a tenner to save the frame.....no brainer.....air fair to ayres rock for photos.....priceless!....

feetabix":3w3w254x said:
nice work!.....just got to sort that nasty fracture in the gear cable outer by the rear mech now, the insulation tape will never hold!.... ;).....a tenner to save the frame.....no brainer.....air fair to ayres rock for photos.....priceless!....

Surely you're not mocking my £50 (yes, £50!! :oops: ) Goodridge cables are you?? :D
If only I could ride to Ayres Rock in 30 minutes, and take a £2 return chain ferry to get there!

I like this alot chap the decals are sweet and its good to see it running.

but dare I say I prefered the white.

Still they say a change is good looks like you had a good job done, congrats :)

Got to say I feared the worst when I saw the first picture....great repair though and good to see that it's still being well used, in both black and white :)

Looking Good Mark!!!! What a save for a Tenner!! It's heading in direction of that link I had to the Modern Merlin one...

claret73":1iiqtlpw said:
Looking Good Mark!!!! What a save for a Tenner!! It's heading in direction of that link I had to the Modern Merlin one...

Cheers Andy. Good to see you back mate :D

Latest posts

Back