Help! How old is my kona?

ter65

Retro Newbie
Hi, I'm new to the forum and did a lot of biking back in the 80's and 90's alot was on my old Kona Cindercone. I bought it new sometime in the 90's and have recently got it back onto the trails after a lay off of 6 years and some rebuilding with new parts. I still love the feel of the bike and how it handles, how nippy and light it feels on the trails. I never realised the bike had such a following and that so many people are into rebuilding them. It's great! I am trying to figure out how old mine is, it has a bronze paint job, and grey project 2 forks, the original colours. Has anyone come across this paint job and knows it's age, or knows how I can find out.

This is a 1996 Cinder Cone, does it look like this?

Attachments

• 1996 Cinder Cone size 17 w P2s.jpg
    1996 Cinder Cone size 17 w P2s.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,347
ter65":3t39pwr7 said:
I am trying to figure out how old mine is, it has a bronze paint job, and grey project 2 forks, the original colours. Has anyone come across this paint job and knows it's age, or knows how I can find out.

Its could be 1994 from that description.

This is my 1994 for comparison.

cindercone1_196.jpg

Yup that's mine.

Thanks for the swift reply. Yes, that the one alright. Mine is a little more worn and not as clean looking as yours. I still think it looks great in it's original colours. Your bike looks great bike.
Good fun checking out all the old bikes. Cheers.

Thanks to both of you for replying, still getting used to posting. Yes it's the 1994 model. And both bikes are in great nic.
Cheers.

Back