It's a PUG!

hydorah

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Dug out my old Puegeot Scorpion 531 today and took it for a blast

Swapped off the original Michelin tyres and threw them away as they were perished

Now it's wearing Conti Navigators - Other than that it is 100% original in every respect

dscf2270.jpg

- Sorry it's the non-drive side!

This bike is a nostalgia trip for me as t is the same colour scheme and size(!) as my first MTB

Which was a Peugeot Trail, got nicked... But to be honest this was what I really wanted all that time ago

Enid_Puceflange":1dg4bv7j said:
Thats quite a trip down memory lane,

I remember one of my pals in school had one the same :cool:

G

Cool! He had deeper pockets than me! These were £350, Trail was £200 with interesting French components...

hydorah":ip9twr22 said:
Enid_Puceflange":ip9twr22 said:

G

Cool! He had deeper pockets than me! These were £350, Trail was £200 with interesting French components...

Posh neighbourhood :oops: ;)

G

Enid_Puceflange":3jyfygvx said:
hydorah":3jyfygvx said:
Enid_Puceflange":3jyfygvx said:

G

Posh neighbourhood :oops: ;)

G

Hehe. We was pooooor

Lived in a shoe box in't middle o't road...

Anyway...

I just followed the path of that Balance you used to own

Me want! That is a lot of engineered goodness and looks suitably challenging!

Actually an '89 ;) as the Mountain LX component group was a 1 year only special for that year, being replaced with Deore LX in '90.
My mate had one of these BITD and ran into the back of a car at full speed, made quite a mess of them both.
Think they may have shared frame production with MBK as they both used the internal welding technique for their frames.

Cool bike.

Carl.

drcarlos":2svwr4cw said:
Actually an '89 ;) as the Mountain LX component group was a 1 year only special for that year, being replaced with Deore LX in '90.
My mate had one of these BITD and ran into the back of a car at full speed, made quite a mess of them both.
Think they may have shared frame production with MBK as they both used the internal welding technique for their frames.

Cool bike.

Carl.

Definitely could be right there

Couldn't find in any catalogues, so I went by hazy memory... I remember the Trail and this one were available at the same time

By '89 I had a MudyFox Courier Comp...

But I'll date the components when I have five mins

Same colour scheme as my road bike.....

MB8Q1889.jpg

I love this paintwork. Hope you do a good a job as your last build (Britsh E
Eagle).

Matt

Back