My 1984 Wicked Fat

Toolmaker

Dirt Disciple
Wow! I think it's been years since I've been here. Anyhow, glad to see it's gone from strength to strength.
I'm currently working outside the UK and was having a stroll around the net and I stumbled across here. Thought I'd drop back in and say hello to you all.
I suspect I shall become much more of a regular visitor now....

So here's my old Wicked. 1984 - still got the paperwork and signed build card for it too.
Still gets a regular outing and I still don't hold back. Been through a number of bikes over the years and I have a modern hard tail but this is still my favourite.

Apologies for the poor quality of photo - it was taken a few years ago at GlenTress when I took my oldest son out on the tag-a-long.

Happy days...

y1n76z.jpg

thanks.

haha! yeah, the picture is pretty poor. As soon as I get back to the UK I'll take some better photos.

I did go through a brief period where I was thinking about selling it to fund another motorcycle but in the end I kept it. I'm so glad I did!

Everytime I ride it I know it's my favourite, I've tried to find another modern bike to replace it as I don't want to bend or break it but so far I've not found anything? Currently running an Airborne Lancaster but it's nothing like it really.... Not a bad thing though as it just makes me appreciatte it even more... lol :D

Motorbikes and FATs :eek: ideal MacRetro member :D are you coming back to the borders?

kaiser":1eiem0dm said:
Motorbikes and FATs :eek: ideal MacRetro member :D are you coming back to the borders?

Excellent! I'm currently working in India, I go between here and the UK - I live just outside Glasgow but I love riding the Pentlands etc. I only have 2 weeks when I return but working out here I stopped drinking etc and I'm getting right back into MTB and all the rest. Means that when I get home, rather than sit about getting toasted I'm using my time and getting out there doing what I always loved - wasted enough time and I forgot just how much I love it! So glad I didn't get rid of all my old kit. Think I still have a load of tops and stuff too somewhere?...

I built my wife up an old Cannondale as well with RC36 forks, it's great too, really light! I'm sure I have a photo of that somewhere......

Where outside Glasgow? I'm in Saltcoats, Gazz is in Kilmarnock, Rado is in Glasgow and Jimi is in Paisley. Pop by the section and stick yer head in :)

Latest posts

Back