Orange Aluminium O 1992 (finished more pics to come)

mtricks

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

Bought this beauty off ebay think its around a 92.

the guy i bought it off was 60 and hadnt used it for 10 years so its now half way through rebuilding. itsl all in really good condition. just need some tlc.

stripped and rebuilt forks with new elastomers lastnight they work like new now.

just need a couple of things.

new crank dust covers as the old are a bit goosed and a real cable yoke want to get rid of the supposed fox contraption and the clear cable sleeve for one cable.

here are a few pics ill update later.

Attachments

• !BtJ4GcQ!mk~$(KGrHqYH-EQEvG!)H!vvBL6wP+vlmQ~~_12.jpg
    !BtJ4GcQ!mk~$(KGrHqYH-EQEvG!)H!vvBL6wP+vlmQ~~_12.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2,156
  • !BtJ4J(QEGk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL6wQHKy,g~~_12.jpg
    !BtJ4J(QEGk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL6wQHKy,g~~_12.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,156
  • !BtJ4L7gEWk~$(KGrHqIH-DgEvqeouWfBBL6wQNJHCQ~~_12.jpg
    !BtJ4L7gEWk~$(KGrHqIH-DgEvqeouWfBBL6wQNJHCQ~~_12.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,156
  • !BtJ4OjQEWk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EvErZOS1(BL6wQT3ZHg~~_12.jpg
    !BtJ4OjQEWk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EvErZOS1(BL6wQT3ZHg~~_12.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,156
GET THOSE BOOTS OFF THE RC-35's PRONTO!!! :shock: ;)

(As far as I am aware Pace forks are designed to run bootless and do not have the stancion length to cope with boots, you may find the forks bottoming out on the boots not the end of the elastomer travel, driving crap into the fork rather than keeping it out.)

Otherwise that is a very cool bike, the nicest bit is it looks just like I remember bikes looking BITD, too often in our pursuit of perfection we on here build an idealised version of the past. :cool:

yeah your right they never had them these are ati ones they guy i bought it off put on, these are now off as i rebuilt the forks last night.

got some new grips (preriod Ritcheu ones) to go on and some aztex blocks an thats it all done it now sat in my kitchen ready to go back togehter just need to clean the brakes gears and all that then will be good as new.

you beat me in the auction for that one. another popped up the day after and i bagged that though.
happy building.....and i agree....Lose the boots!

ooo is it a nice one...

yeah i didnt think i would win this thought it may go for more but was quite a poor advert and the bike looked dirty.

Bu thats all it was... pretty much dirty.

anyone want to but some ati shock boots?

Very nice indeed :cool: :cool:

I was watching this one on the 'bay and completely forgot about it ending, glad it's gone to someone from here tho, and really looking forward to seeing some pics of it all cleaned up.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Looking good - haven't got one in that colour! :LOL: Deore DX specced?

Definately a later one judging by the top tube cable routing - I'll guess at the frame number being something like A108 XXXX (Aug '91)...... but happy to be proven wrong! :D

Defo lose the boots though!

cheers,
boy"O"boy

UPDATE

here is an up date.

i could do with a couple of new crank dust covers, boughts some cheapo ones but they look crap.

and also need the cable clamp washer for the rear cantis can anyone help would be happy to buy some complete brakes.

cleaned up really well all tight and regreased now just need to put on the cables and front pads.

changed all the blue bolts ( apart from ones in shifters back to standard)

Latest posts

Back