'93 Scott Team Racing IS FINISHED ! !

+1 on the tHumbies. Just put some on roberts. Forgot how easy to trim they are.

Lovely job mike.

The History Man":p74v2r3g said:
+1 on the tHumbies. Just put some on roberts. Forgot how easy to trim they are.

Lovely job mike.

Thank you mister , there really is nothing to go wrong with those shifters is there . Got some XT ones to go on after the respray too :cool:

Mike

Re: '93 Scott Team Racing is reborn

Thias":2xlgwt3b said:
Nice project. I've got nearly the same bike, 90% original Parts. (Brakes and saddle) I think, this bike's from '92.

Pic for inspiration:
large_IMG_3724.JPG

Why did you fit the decals like they are? And more important: Why are they green? ;)

Greetings
Matthias

Hi Matthias. (And sorry for the thread hijack)

I've just picked up a painted early Scott that I've investigated and worked out it "should" be a 92 Scott Team Racing much like yours. I'm not entirely sure how to contact you but I just wanted to double check the seatpost size is a mighty 30mm?

Mine appears to have had the serial number ground off on the BB but it does have the original fluro yellow on the fork in the steer tube with the Spinner stamp on the dropout. It also has the Ritchey stem BUT it's been badly cut, welded and filled so I'll have to scrap that. It has the full compliment of Deore XT, even the brakes, or should these be the Scott SE specific?

Again sorry the the thread hijack.

I'm sorry, but I gave that bike to my brother in law to use, so I can't check the seatpost size.
It is entirely possible, that the brakes on your bike were swapped, because those original Petterson brakes are rather special. Not everybody likes the characteristic of those.

Back