Thank you, I do intend to get it built up, but I'm a bit stuck with the wheels. I will post a thread in chat looking for help with Nukeproof hubs and hopefully finally get to ride it.

Re:

Hi Will,
I didn't realise there was a thread of history behind this when I saw it at your place, really hope you can get a ride before storage.. :cool:

Parts-wise, I am now just one step away: some bar mounts for the shifters I just found:

AjS0ffqWYaz607LLtjlHaQkA2cypHYeph8LtyoA17pW6K25KIx2ZkKbktUBqCaydmb1PFpUgKdbUsB31VEFe21zeRkdolN20P9ajoHGb3BoBsbQRYpjXyUAoRvYgd33jIs89TLiL6Q=w672-h895-no

I was hoping to find the later Sachs version of these, with three drilled holes:

4A07DCD4-630E-4DB6-B7B3-C3315F1A7B48.jpeg

Should I try to drill out the additional hole on these, or embrace them as they are?

The Nukeproof wheels are the big sticking point now. I will try to take some photos and create a post appealing for help, as they are the one thing likely to prevent me getting this built and ridden before it goes into storage.

kingoffootball":atr3rozd said:
Parts-wise, I am now just one step away: some bar mounts for the shifters I just found:

Should I try to drill out the additional hole on these, or embrace them as they are?

Nope, just clean them up and use them... when you get the correct ones you can flog these off.
If you drill they won’t be worth anything.

PeachyPM":3m4n7lbg said:
kingoffootball":3m4n7lbg said:

Nope, just clean them up and use them... when you get the correct ones you can flog these off.
If you drill they won’t be worth anything.

Since I've just given away a load of parts and I paid very little for these, what they are worth is not really a consideration, but I do take your point that I would probably wreck them.

I will try to clean them up whilst still keeping a satin finish and once I have the mounts I'll start building the rest up and hoping I can solve the wheels.

Been two years - how’s this beauty getting on?
It's almost there! .... but it's been almost there for a long time. To be fair, for a year of that I was aboad so couldn't make any progress.

If I remember correctly, it needs the rear hub sorting out and I need to find so shifter mounts - I had decided upon some Paul ones, but since then I haven't been able to find any at a decent price.

I'm also still regretting not buying those prefered shifters when I saw a set on Ebay, because the ones I have feel a little like a compromise ..... I'll still build it up with those if I get the other things sorted though.

Thanks Rod, I will keep an eye out for them as an option.

I don't usually indulge myself with this, but since I felt in need or inspiration I mocked up the rolling frameset:

W-fFKQQ0Oim787_BWogjoJ5X6-0Yv1oxB_41sPoxTtfHhxSWjLjADRxgrCl64-BvATsz1cpP7g=w1680-h1050-no

These are the slightly mis-matched STM cantis ... would you? could you?

ljfFSmnKFxn-duCwUliJ9AgzuLqCKJTcSBWAHt-aPsoG8YFfns92A7RblChPTbH4N06Vs28ySg=w1680-h1050-no
Your stem looks like a 120
Here’s the one I’m expecting - a 130

Attachments

• E539114A-0C76-4694-ADE3-F7B54D5E09D7.jpeg
    E539114A-0C76-4694-ADE3-F7B54D5E09D7.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 4
Back