94 (I think) Kona AA

redaeston":18kgjljh said:

Seems to be a XC50 or XC51. The decal are selfmade?

It has 24mm stanchion tube, the XC500 seals (oil and dust) will fit. Seals and manual is no problem .. I also might have a black spare fork crown.

Drop me a note, if interrested

http://dr-marzocchi.projectweb.de/repar ... 1-ab-1994/ (sorry, server has a low bandwidth uplink and information on page needs to be updated; but you can download the manuals from this page).

I might have got lucky this lunch time. I found some pace rc36 evo 2's. There are a few problems though

1/ I will need to swap the steerer as its unthreaded
2/ they are leaking air which apparently is a common issue with this fork
3/ they only have a disk mount at the moment

As far as 3 goes I am not sure if I should try and find a period disk set up or look at options for other mounts for the forks

Re:

Purple kona AA was always a dream for me!

Love it.

And love the SS page before which looks more a bigger size

redaeston":olbejl2o said:
I might have got lucky this lunch time. I found some pace rc36 evo 2's. There are a few problems though

1/ I will need to swap the steerer as its unthreaded
2/ they are leaking air which apparently is a common issue with this fork
3/ they only have a disk mount at the moment

As far as 3 goes I am not sure if I should try and find a period disk set up or look at options for other mounts for the forks

1. I think it's going to be easier to get a new stem than a new steerer tube.

2. RC36's are coil sprung, not air. They do make a kind of hissing noise as the fork compresses but that's just air coming out of the lower fork legs as it compresses. It's nothing to worry about.

3. I think you can find Pace V-Brake mounts on the Bay of E if you hunt around.

Re:

A new stem means a swapping the headset too.

Could you cut the crown off of the old forks steerer and use that? Since those forks are shagged anyway. Do the Evo II's have the clamped steerer that makes swapping out the steerer easier?

if you can't find the v brake mounts then a cheaper option for the disk brake is the avid bb5 or bb7...
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nz/e ... -prod67747

Latest posts

Back