1992 Litespeed Mountain

I'm not sure on the fork. Using this one, I'm more or less obliged to go for an all black build. Possibly a silver coloured Bontrager fork can look better on this frame.

Can't get used to the look of the Powerlites. Probably I will change plans. Actually I like the look of this:

foto%2520%25283%2529.JPG

foto%2520%25284%2529.JPG

Think simply for looks rigid look nicest, depends how your back and fillings manage with them though. Can't say I particularly like those suspension forks.

Not that it matters what anyone else thinks of course. I've found myself sometimes thinking what will people think about such and such part rather than just getting it because I like it.

Slowly but surely there is progress. Litespeed parts are incredibly rare to find when you need them, but I managed to find a Litespeed bar and quill stem in 1" finally. Especially that stem, I've only seen two in that size passing by in the past eight months. Anyway, they should arrive in the coming days.

Then the Shockblades. I still like the looks but the fork needs service. Actually it needs a new set of elastomers. When I opened it, I couldn't find any elastomers and I have the feeling that the bolt was shortened. They are now 10cm long. Anyone who knows how long they should be?

foto%2520%25286%2529.JPG

Across my path I found a complete '94 (I think) Campagnolo Record O.R. (I think) gruppo. And I can't resist to fit this, instead of the XC Pro kit I have ready waiting....

Maybe someone can verify what year and type this Campy gruppo is? I think the balljoints on the brakes are giveaways for a later version of Record O.R. The Hubs have grease nipples. Cranks have the hidden fifth arm. However the quick release endcaps are steel and not aluminium...

P1020056.JPG

P1020060.JPG

P1020063.JPG

Great find that gruppo!
That will look very classy on this frame.
P.s. if you are going for the Tange forks, you can sell me the Powerlites ;-)

I fitted a new set of Smoke and Dart on a nice set of wheels. Campagnolo Record O.R hubs on Mavid SUP 117 Ceramic 36H rims. Awesome wheels I think! Fitted them to see how it will look. I think Campy will look great on it. Got a Record O.R. front mech in the right size and type. Added a 1" Litespeed stem in the same style as the frame. Soon the '92 Litespeed decals will come. Now, still that fork dilemma..... Just for the style I fitted an old silver Tange ultralight fork to see how it looks. Probably I should paint it black.

P1020080.JPG

Back