Queen Elizabeth Country Park MTB ride 28/4

tim75

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
We haven't had a Southern area ride for a while so thought I'd better try and organise something. Will be a nice off road ride around the South Downs and if anyone fancies it there are a couple of decent MTB trails within the Country Park. We can make it as long or short as anyone wants to cater for whoever turns up. Not sure what kind of distance but would think we'd be out for a few hours at least.

Meeting place will be the cafe at Queen Elizabeth Country Park at 10am on Sunday 28/4. Easy to drive to just on the A3 but you have to pay for parking, nearest train station is a rideable distance away at Petersfield. Everyone that rides has to wear a helmet, more info and directions here,

https://www.hants.gov.uk/thingstodo/cou ... qecp/visit

We had a good ride here a while back, will probably do a similair route as before, aftermath thread is here,

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=373177

Anyone up for it?

Re:

Been a lifetime since i rode down there. Wish I was fit enough to do this but I would only ruin the ride. Need a few more months to get fit enough. :facepalm:

Re:

Yeah I understand what you mean and I think probably a lot of other Retrobikers feel the same way about coming on rides. The good thing about this ride is that the trails in the park are never far away from the café. The blue route is very smooth and short but fun so if you wanted to do that with us and then pop back to the café for a sausage sandwich you can. Once you've had a rest if you feel up to it you can go out again for a bit more or maybe join up with us later on. Lots of work has been done there to the trails by volunteers so if you haven't been there for a while it's worth a visit.

Anyway obviously it's up to you but you're more than welcome to come along.

Re:

Yes, Petersfield is on the main line from Portsmouth to London. Usually goes to Waterloo or Victoria I think.

Re:

I'm in!

Back to where I belong! RetroBIKE! :cool:

It was a stonkingly good ride last year, fantastic trails. I'm daring myself to ride there from home one day. But in the summer!

Mikey

Re:

Wish i could come but alas busy :(
I grew up in Liss and rode the south downs around there an awful lot.
Have Fun :D

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":35esg0vn said:
I'm in!

It was a stonkingly good ride last year, fantastic trails. I'm daring myself to ride there from home one day. But in the summer!

Mikey

Return of Muzz, hooray!

You could always get the train to mine and then ride home along the South Downs?

Gruff":6x3e7js8 said:
Wish i could come but alas busy :(
I grew up in Liss and rode the south downs around there an awful lot.
Have Fun :D

That's a shame, did you used to go in to the Sensible Bike Co., think that was in Liss?

tim75":57bj61cv said:
Mike Muz 67":57bj61cv said:
I'm in!

Mikey

Return of Muzz, hooray!

You could always get the train to mine and then ride home along the South Downs?

There's a thought, I'll look into that. Havant?

Latest posts

Back