Queen Elizabeth Country Park MTB ride 28/4

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":sxznlycn said:
tim75":sxznlycn said:
Mike Muz 67":sxznlycn said:
I'm in!

Back to where I belong! RetroBIKE! :cool:

It was a stonkingly good ride last year, fantastic trails. I'm daring myself to ride there from home one day. But in the summer!

Mikey

Return of Muzz, hooray!

You could always get the train to mine and then ride home along the South Downs?

There's a thought, I'll look into that. Havant?

Yes, Havant or Bedhampton is nearest to me and then we'd have to ride or drive to the meeting point or nearest station To QE Country Park is Petersfield.

tim75":2bh0cd80 said:
Gruff":2bh0cd80 said:
Wish i could come but alas busy :(
I grew up in Liss and rode the south downs around there an awful lot.
Have Fun :D

That's a shame, did you used to go in to the Sensible Bike Co., think that was in Liss?

Yes, all my bikes came from there, knew Tizzy very well.

Re:

Just seen this and hoping to join you.

Haven't been out on 2 wheels for about 3 months for one reason or another, so the option if sitting in the cafe after a loop might appeal! Don't want to slow you all down.

Not sure if you have but might be an idea to out a link in the main forum?

I'm a tentative for this one - trains look good with no current engineering works - will confirm in the coming days.

sthodgson":xqsxpuhi said:
Just seen this and hoping to join you.

Haven't been out on 2 wheels for about 3 months for one reason or another, so the option if sitting in the cafe after a loop might appeal! Don't want to slow you all down.

Not sure if you have but might be an idea to out a link in the main forum?

I'm sure you'll be fine, we won't be in a hurry it is a Retrobike ride after all!

al-onestare":11qiff60 said:
I'm a tentative for this one - trains look good with no current engineering works - will confirm in the coming days.

That's great Al, you're getting to Petersfield? It's not too bad a ride from the station, if you head south out of town towards Portsmouth after a couple of miles you'll go over a railway bridge and get to a roundabout. You have to go straight on as if you're going to go on to the A3 dual carriageway and then there is a nice cycle lane off to the left. That will take you over the hill and straight in to the park.

Back