52cm-54cm steel frame with mudguard braze-ons

ElCani

Devout Dirtbag
Hi. I'm after a decent quality steel frame for a do-it-all bike, with a top tube of 52cm-54cm (centre to centre). Needs to have mudguard mounts and ideally rack mounts too.

The frame is for my girlfriend, she's currently got a Carlton Corsair (Reynolds 531 main tubes) that is too big so we want to do a frame swap. Something of that ilk but smaller would be ideal. Caliper brakes preferred but will consider cantis. Needs to take 700c wheels without requiring mega-long drop brakes.

Thanks!

Edit: Will also consider complete bikes. :)

If you'd be interested in buying rather than swapping a frame I have a very nice one going spare.

10153806324_4f743f0344_c.jpg

It's built by F Kessels who built most of Eddy Merckx's bikes.

This one was custom painted for a bike shop called Van Der Snickt in Belgium. It did have a Hirondelle head tube sticker, but unfortunately it was peeling a little and I managed to ruin it trying to remove it to restick. It was just a foil decal so quite easy to laser print a replacement.

Otherwise it's in really nice condition.

The top tube is 55cm c-c, dropouts 126mm and it takes a 27.0 seatpost

Fitted with a very nice Campy Nuovo Record Headset and BB.

I'd take £140 including shipping from Brussels.

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39710953@ ... 322095263/

Hello, and thanks for your reply. That's lovely but maybe a bit too lovely :). Also slightly too long in the TT.

My original message was a bit unclear, I'll be swapping the parts over from the old frame, but don't want to swap the Carlton on here for the new frame. My budget is ideally under £100.

Having said all that... what width of tyre could the frame fit, with mudguards?

Cheers!

Re:

I think it will take 700x28 with mudguards, but will have to check. I'll try to dig out some wheels and mudguards tomorrow to see if they'll fit.

I also have a very nice French mixte bike which I think is a 52 - is that something you'd be interested in?

It's fully built so would be more like £180 posted, but it's totally ready to roll with mudguards and a rear rack.

Re:

Cheers, but it definitely needs to be a 'man's' frame. I appreciate the effort re the other frame, but I do think 54cm is the max TT she'll accept.

Back