Gloves or No Gloves that is the question!

kyle888

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I prefer to ride with gloves as I find my hands get sweaty and I loose grip. I also like a slim grip on my bars, I use a lock on grip but one's with only one clamp on the inside.
I see a lot of people on YouTube who prefer to ride with no gloves.

So what's your preference and why?

Cheshire1980":3bag4hpy said:
Yep gloves, come off with no gloves, not a pleasant experience, lesson learnt.

this

a road racing friend of mine in the 1980s used to talk of the benefits of shaved legs for same reason and getting severe grazes clean in the first instance when (not if) involved in a crash....

no fun having gravel removed in Hospital by an unsympathetic nurse with a hard scrubbing brush!!!

had it done a few times and even as much as 20 yrs later there would be the occasional bit of grit come to the surface and pop out in a little pustule.

Gloves every time! (but never with a padded palm)

I am completely puzzled by the YouTube videos of riders with no gloves.

Re:

Interesting!
I have seen that most of the gmbn people prefer no gloves. Sam pilgrim doesn't wear them, neither does Matt Jones and Ali Clarkson rarely wears them.

Maybe it's because they record in short clips and aren't riding long enough to get sweaty.

Re:

always gloves. Grip the bar better. And if in a fall then protects the palms from getting cut up.

jonboy":c0f4fdvs said:
Gloves every time! (but never with a padded palm)

I am completely puzzled by the YouTube videos of riders with no gloves.

I like no padding for quick rides or trials but on longer rides on rough terrain some padding is nice.

Back