Hope pro2 conversion to bolt on caliper

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Its usually the ti glide ,bulb ect that you'd cut down the axle on to fit the C2 No2 caliper ont oa non disc frame

I have a nice frame which is non disc. I also have an IS bolt on system(exact same as the C2 No2,but an IS mount.

I like my pro 2 wheels on this and it would save a lot of hassle if i could fit/make/bodge a non drive spacer to fit in the frame mount
Normally that system uses a solid axle as we know and the pro2 is hollow with 'Plug in' spacers. I think the 10mm bolt through(or is it 12mm ans a stub axle that is effectively just placed into the hub.

Ill have to think about this :? just an idea that popped in 2 mins ago.

I wonder what other axles/bearings we could use in the pro 2 shell. Anyone thought of using modern hope with the older systems ?

Nobody ? Not even a :? and an inquiry

Lost to what i meaning ?

Take one of the hope pro2 spacers and change it so it then fits into the frame clamp that the C2 No caliper uses to put discs on non disc frames.

The spacer might have enough metal to fashion something or it may need one of their other spacers say for 10mm or maybe even change the entire axle/bearing set up.

Nobody tried this ? Nobody thought ' Hmmm' why use an early hub :?

Not tried this but the Pro 2 axel if definitely a larger diameter than the old Ti-Glide / XC hubs. I would guess you have two options 1) see if you can get some bearings with the same external dimensions as the Pro 2 hubs use but with a 12mm bore for and older axel 2) get someone like Cofa Engineering to make you a custom axel.

Back