Help me find a middle chain ring please (2008)

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
Hi guys,

So I've finally repaired my Scott Sportster P3 2008 model after having the entire chain/rings/spokes munched and started riding again. However, after a painfull gear slip, it seems that my middle chainring is screwed.

I'm on the lookout for a Shimano middle 36T chainring that is compatible with the Shimano FC-M443-48T crankset. The exact crankset is the Shimano FC-M443, 26/36/48... but I just need the middle ring.

Help, as it's a struggle when Shimano discontinue items so quick.

i have a pair of old 5 bolt shimano middle rings - by old I mean they fit old chainsets, the rings are brand new in bag.

what number of holes and bcd?

drystonepaul":vxg5o7x1 said:
Pretty much any 4 bolt chainring will fit those cranks.

Excellent, that's just what I needed to know :) Thank you. For reference it's a 104mm 4 bolt I needed.

drystonepaul":vxg5o7x1 said:

I had been looking at Chain reaction and sceen the deore one for about £10.99. A colleague at work said he has a 200KM one I can have it's he wants a 32 rather than a 36... so all being well I think I am sorted.

Many thanks chaps. Hopefully this will stop my knee from going double it's normal size again, after smacking it on the suspension strut from the cog slipping d'oh.

Back