WANTED: XTR M952 Middle Chain ring 34t 112BCD 4 bolt

srose111

Retro Newbie
UPDATE 4 APR 2015
Thanks to all the awesome support here at Retrobike Forum...problem solved.
1. Middleburn (through a guy in GA, sells a converter spider for $75) to --> 104BCD
2. Ebay seemed to have a bunch of old XTR M952s , if that route was to canabalize an old crankset.

Thanks again!

Shimano part # is : Y1C493400

Installed a Surley singulator, spacer kit and wanted to use my original middle chain ring on the XTR-M952 crank set, its a 34t.

Problem #1: chain is skipping, bc most likely the middle chain ring is too worn out, and under high torque its skipping over the shark teeth worn places. I need to find a new chain ring.

Problem #2: The proprietary system of this XTR have the BCD at 112mm. I cannot find a spider or chainring to replace.

So, I need to either A) find a new spider that will fit a 4 bolt 112mm patter of this XTR M952 or....find a new 34t chain ring that will fit on the existing spider.

I have really exhausted a lot of searches on this and called most reputable shops in NYC. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I heard a brit company Middleburn and a place in Denver, (homebrew) had options, but no luck so far.

Re: WANTED: XTR M952 Middle Chain ring 34t or Spider 112mm

Sorry, just read your post again...! Ignore me. :oops:

Re: WANTED: XTR M952 Middle Chain ring 34t or Spider 112mm

Why not buying one of those?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/xtr-chainring-s ... 2c9817fa15
for 27$ a good deal (way cheaper than the overpriced Middleburn ones), then you can use regular 94/58 BCD rings, plenty of those to find.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

synchros....

thanks for the link. I have a 4 bolt configuration 112mm BCD, that Vuelta was 5 bolt 98mm

Have you priced XTR rings? They're not exactly cheap.

A9DB312E-3C0F-449B-A6EE-10639727A670-2205-000000E95B9BB19C_zps10bffcfe.jpg

There was a NOS one on evilbay about a week ago for something like 50$. Was toying with the idea of buying it but I didn't have an immediate need for it so I let it slide (somebody got a decent deal though).
srose111: I do have an Avitar Werxs middle ring 34T (dark grey anno) that fits the 112 BCD, however it's not exactly pristine condition. If you're really desperate I could send you some pics of it and see if you're interested.

Back