short steerer query

wicket

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have fitted a fork with an ever so slightly short steered. Can anyone recommend a low stack height headset or stem.

The current set up...the stem pinch bolts are not above the steered,the top one is 1-2mm below it. Is this ok? I have always had to use spacers you see.

Crank Bros Cobalt headset is about as low stack there is ~ 22mm. I may have one for sale if interested ? ;)
FSA XC stems are pretty low stack generally or you could get a stem with a centre pinch bolt rather than top and bottom.

steerer

To be honest, I was hoping to get away with a stem rather than have to change the headset. The hope one that's currently fitted is like new. £ are in severe shortage :( current menu of bits are an ibis aluminium stem 90mm and a hope headset if anyone does have these low stack bits and fancies a swap :D

Plus being as the pinchbolt is not above the steered, I was hoping to get away with it.

If the pinchbolt has something to pinch - the bolt being below the top of the steerer then I reckon you should be fine.

Panic over, have just checked and the upper pinch bolt is approx 2-3mm below the steerer :D thanks for the help :D

Back