Not actually retro but V-Brake advice needed.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I need a set of V-Brakes for a bike i'm building for the missus.

Apart from not having 'Shimano Deore XT' written all over them what's wrong with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tektro-RM...bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e5ff59d9e#ht_500wt_860

They'll do for a budget run about build surely. I'm wanting to build up this bike on a budget, taking parts from my parts bin. Planning to make a bike that is not seen as a target for thieves hehe

?

Thanks in advance for your valued opinions ladies.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
probably nothing wrong with them at all.

Can't comment on performance cos I've never used them. One thing to bare in mind, is that you might get more out of them, if you run a better pad. The pads in the pic, don't look like they'd be up to too much, and probably more designed for BMX, judging by their (short) size.

i would try and get a 2nd hand set of Avid single digit 5's or 7's even better...i picked up a set of speed dial levers and 7 brakes for £14 ! one , brake was duff but still levers and a brake then a refund for the duff one ended up being £7.00 total :D

Flex :? the cheap versions flex when you pull the levers.Same goes for cheap levers.
Its noticeably better when you fit XT levers to LX v's in place of the LX servo wake levers.

Back