Bargain Kona - cannot believe it's still there at £29.99!

Trouble is its very tatty and has two dings in the top tube :( so £29+ £9 postage+£30-40 for powdercoating and it starts looking expensive :?

Honestly, for £40 in mint condition would hardly say its a bargain.

Whole bikes only about £300 new isn't it?

When you can get very tidy Bontragers, RM, Fats etc for £100 - why would you??

Nah, you lot are too fussy, forget a new PC job - paint is cosmetic - build it up for a £100 all in bargain winter hack/singlespeed etc. ;)

gump":1e398s7e said:
Where can you get a very tidy Bontrager, RM or Fat for £100?

I do agree your main point though. I think the rough eBay values of Kona frames in good condition would be Hahanna £30-40, Fire Mountain £40-50, Lava Dome/Cinder Cone £60-70, Kilauea £80-100 (unless peark white - £100-120), Explosif £100-150. In my view, the difference in quality is such that at these prices keen riders like RB members should concentrate on the higher end, with Dome/Cone as the minimum. The frame is the most important part of a bike, so I don't see a case for spending less than the price of a headset on your frame.

Anthony":3gpxrztr said:
gump":3gpxrztr said:

Just keep looking, they are about. Theres the Experience for sale now on this site. Saw a FAT Buck go for just over £100 not too long ago (Ok, think that was actually cheap) etc.

Hahanna is the base Kona model, the frame is not really of much interest to anyone, and it is not in good condition.

gump":10tjdcxl said:
Anthony":10tjdcxl said:
gump":10tjdcxl said:

Just keep looking, they are about. Theres the Experience for sale now on this site. Saw a FAT Buck go for just over £100 not too long ago (Ok, think that was actually cheap) etc.

I agree with Anthony, they are not readily available, aside from the few bargains, an avid hunter can find, but it takes many many hours searching...along with a bit of luck.

As for the buck shaver, those tend to go low, as they were fat's budget bike, but I'm sure you knew that already ;)

Latest posts

Back